I know, I know root and get it. I tried it and didn't like it. It's crazy to think that I waited this long. So now what should I do? I'm really considering jumping ship to Nexus buuuuuuuut then again the GS3 looks tasty so come on people lets brainstorm this and see what could be a comparable if not better phone to the skyrocket. As far as I see GS3 is at the top of the list and I hate, hate, hate to say this but those images of the maybe/probably not next gen iPhone with the bigger screen could be sweet. So come on community lets throw it out there and see if we can figure out what my next phone should be. Thanks in advance.
    06-19-2012 02:07 AM
    I'd get a GS3 over the Nexus. Way better processor, removable storage, and a better screen in the GS3. Plus if you want the stock(ish) ICS look you could just get Apex Launcher.

The ICS update for the Skyrocket should be soon since the T-mobile SGSII (which is an identical phone minus the LTE radio) just got its ICS update.
    06-19-2012 09:58 AM
    I know, I know root and get it. I tried it and didn't like it. It's crazy to think that I waited this long. So now what should I do? I'm really considering jumping ship to Nexus buuuuuuuut then again the GS3 looks tasty so come on people lets brainstorm this and see what could be a comparable if not better phone to the skyrocket. As far as I see GS3 is at the top of the list and I hate, hate, hate to say this but those images of the maybe/probably not next gen iPhone with the bigger screen could be sweet. So come on community lets throw it out there and see if we can figure out what my next phone should be. Thanks in advance.
    What did you try, but ended up not liking? One of the leaks? Or one of the custom roms based on the leaks? What was it that you didn't like? If you tried one of the GS3 roms, and didn't like it, then there's a chance you won't like the GS3... even though it has better specs than the Nexus.

I'm on SkyICS, which uses many elements from the GS3, and it's pretty stellar for me. The only thing I would consider leaving for would be the supposed better battery life on the S4 processor (One X and GS3).
    06-19-2012 12:47 PM
    i tried the leaks and some are buggy and I noticed major drain on battery. Those are really the big problems. I even tried the launcher from holo launcher. I like ICS, I have just given up on getting it on my phone and honestly I'm tired of waiting. With that said I like the GS3 but I don't know. I haven't really looked at the One X or played with it my self so I cant say I would like it. I like the reviews though. So I don't know. Yeah battery life right now is what i definitely need. Maybe by the time GS3 come out we will see some more phones and I can make a better decision.
    06-19-2012 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD