Update for ics will be available by June 24.

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Taking a step back would accomplish what? I would love to see the look on your face after a week of that tiny screen (compared to the skyrocket).

Pretty much, I would give it up only for the new iPhone that supposedly has a bigger screen.

There are other factors besides screen size.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
App store people can fandroids seriously say that the play store is better? I love android but the app store blows anything out of the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Let's stay on point.

Agreed. I'm curious as to why the ICS couldn't be released for the SR at the same time as the original S2? Sure, there's some spec differences between phones, but the differences aren't so large that is was impossible to have pulled that off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Samsung is implementing the new touchwiz on the SR. Think many HTC phones get newer versions of sense when they are upgraded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Creek

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The Skyrocket is my first Android device and while I love the specs, to see ICS sandwich out for so long and not have it is discouraging and frustrating. I've come to realize that the only smartphones that are worthy of Android are the Nexus line. Because of this experience, I'm honestly thinking of getting the new iPhone.

See ya later bye!

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
See ya later bye!

A new Skyrocket leak did come out on the 24th. I'm running it, and I think it is as good as the official ICS that was released on Rogers SGH-I727R. Only thing broken is probably the setting of scrolling wallpaper. Not sure if they are not fixing that option on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if AT&T pushed the UCLF5 as official ICS for the Skyrocket.