07-06-2012 09:51 PM
36 12
tools
    As frustrating as the wait is, I still have a phone that has far exceeded my expectations in every way with the exception of the ics delays. I have many years in top level retail management and one of the lessons I have drilled into the head of every employee of mine is to never commit the retail sin of "overpromising and underdelivering". In order to retain customers, their expectations should not be merely met, but exceeded. Samsung, Google,
    and AT&T have some making up to do in my opinion. That being said, this forum is first rate and having access to it has already proven indispensable. Thank you to all that make this forum what it is.
    gzbsds and wyountrx like this.
    06-25-2012 10:29 PM
    I just replaced the leadek 4.0.3 from AT&T with the official 4.0.4 from Rogers. With many little tweaks, the latter's UI is much better and user intuitive!

samfirmware.com
    I727RUXLF3 4.0.4 2012 June I727RRWCLF3 Canada (Rogers)
    06-28-2012 12:01 PM
    My friend got the Original s2 update on Friday, so I would assume hat the update would be sometime this month.
    07-02-2012 01:05 PM
    So, to be sure I understand it, if I have a SkyRocket, then I need to do the update, if it let's me, via Kies, right?

Also, is there a comparison table or list online that tells me the differences between GB and ICS?

Thanks!!
    07-03-2012 03:24 PM
    As frustrating as the wait is, I still have a phone that has far exceeded my expectations in every way with the exception of the ics delays.
    This reflects how I'm feeling, but I'm seeing many friends and colleagues with ICS and am anxious to receive this update. Personally I'm comfortable with root, but don't see the need for any reason except the leaked update sounds great.

In my mind I'm setting a deadline in the next few weeks for AT&T to get their stuff together and post an ICS update for the Skyrocket. If nothing occurs then I'll go back to rooting and can live without may of the Samsung goodies.
    07-03-2012 03:55 PM
    From the message left be by AT&T, they don't update the phone firmware & OS. Samsung does that. I have the I727 skyrocket. The ICS update for that phone from what AT&T is saying, has to come via Samsu
    07-04-2012 03:31 PM
    From the message left be by AT&T, they don't update the phone firmware & OS. Samsung does that. I have the I727 skyrocket. The ICS update for that phone from what AT&T is saying, has to come via Samsung.

In order for that to happen, Samsung will have to update Kies 1st.

So, even though AT&T pledged to all GSK2 buyers back in December when we bought the phones that we'd get the ICS UPDATE 1st qtr. 2012, we are all still waiting for Samsung to get their act together & get the update out to all of us.
    07-04-2012 03:38 PM
    i tried to use the leaked updates fro the skyrocket to update my phone and i connected it to odin and clicked start then it said pass after like 2 seconds and now my phone won't switch on or work or even connect to kies

on the top right of my phone in small :
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
    CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

then there is a picture of a phone and computer with a yellow triangle within which is an exclamation mark

under this picture it says:

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.

i tried connecting my phone to kies but it wasn't recognized kies kept saying connected for like 1 hour and still didn't connect

ANY IDEAS PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP SO MUCH!
    07-04-2012 04:10 PM
    In my opinion I still see the skyrocket as one of at&t's flagship phones I don't understand why we haven't gotten ics. In At&T the order goes (in their mind)
    1.IPhone 4s
    2. IPhone 4
    3. IPhone 3gs
    4. What they will eat for dinner.
    5. Wondering about the next time they will take a .
    6. HTC One X
    7. Original galaxy s2
    8. Skyrocket

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 04:14 PM
    i tried to use the leaked updates fro the skyrocket to update my phone and i connected it to odin and clicked start then it said pass after like 2 seconds and now my phone won't switch on or work or even connect to kies

on the top right of my phone in small :
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
    CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

then there is a picture of a phone and computer with a yellow triangle within which is an exclamation mark

under this picture it says:

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.

i tried connecting my phone to kies but it wasn't recognized kies kept saying connected for like 1 hour and still didn't connect

ANY IDEAS PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP SO MUCH!
    07-04-2012 05:55 PM
    Do not close kies
    Unplug phone and pull battery
    Put battery back in and hold volume+ and power button at the same time and then plug phone in to go to download mode and try again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-06-2012 09:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD