Kies for Skyrocket?

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
They are different things. Kies Air runs on your phone, and you connect to it from your PC via a browser. Samsung Kies runs on your PC, and is supposed to recognize your device when you plug it is via USB. My Skyrocket is running 2.3.6, and my computer and Kies both detect that a connection was made, but Kies just sits there and doesn't fully connect. I have tested this on WIndows 7 and XP. When I plug my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 into the USB, even at the same time, Samsung Kies recognizes it right away.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
They are different things. Kies Air runs on your phone, and you connect to it from your PC via a browser. Samsung Kies runs on your PC, and is supposed to recognize your device when you plug it is via USB. My Skyrocket is running 2.3.6, and my computer and Kies both detect that a connection was made, but Kies just sits there and doesn't fully connect. I have tested this on WIndows 7 and XP. When I plug my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 into the USB, even at the same time, Samsung Kies recognizes it right away.

Same here my SR has never accepted connection on lies, but lies air works fine. Many people are having this problem, therefore when ics is released on down the road it should be OTA instead of kies. I'm wondering that maybe a OTA release is the reason why its taking so long. Do you think that att will give us a heads up on when the update will happen or will they just release it randomly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I think the non-release is more deliberate than random. Like many of you, I constantly check the Settings page for updates. You used to be able to check for updates as many times as you wanted, but I noticed that the same weekend that ICS for Samsung Galaxy S II came out, when I checked for updates for my SR, there was a long pause as if there were extensive checking and/or downloading, and now I can only check for updates a 24 hour intervals, and not a minute sooner. It's like somebody is aware that people want this update and that they are constantly checking for it, and they keep pinging the server.

ozziedog

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Right-Click > Run as Administrator

Don't know why, but was only way for Kies to recognize my phone.

My Skyrocket is on 2.3.6 not working for me, I still get the following "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies"

I think this option only works if your Skyrocket is running 2.3.5.

shawnh77

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I fired up Kies a few minutes ago and was prompted for a new version .7 After the install there was also a firmware update for my Skyrocket. It is applying as I type. I will report back what changed.

Reactions: Will1524

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I fired up Kies a few minutes ago and was prompted for a new version .7 After the install there was also a firmware update for my Skyrocket. It is applying as I type. I will report back what changed.

Please do

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: toddrizzo

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
And I'd this is true I suggest we all install ics as SOON as possible they could pull it like they did with the original s2

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Id imagine this is up just for a test or something right now and its suppose to be OTA like the people at samsung said

I wouldn't count on these upgrades to be OTA for the AT&T variants. The original AT&T GS2 wasn't updated OTA and I expect it to be the same for the Skyrocket (Proven already) and the Note (Said to be upgraded to 4.0.4 tomorrow)

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

LoSt180

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My Skyrocket is on 2.3.6 not working for me, I still get the following "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies"

I think this option only works if your Skyrocket is running 2.3.5.

I think you're right, hopefully they put 2.3.6 as the latest in Kies at some point, otherwise ICS upgrades are going to be tricky. Kind of makes sense it says your device is not supported since running "Firmware Upgrade and Initialization" loads the phone up with 2.3.5

Finally ICS for skyrocket is here at KIES!!!!!!

Get to Know Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich | Samsung Cell Phone Article

Look at the date of the article 12/11/2011, that's how long it has been ready!!! This is not an OTA update, it has to be done through Samsung KIES

If you don't have KIES you can download it from this link: SAMSUNG

...and when you click "See the List" below Android 4.0 updates you'll notice Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-i727) doesn't have an update listed next to it yet.

If ICS has been available since Dec 2011 for our phone, do you really think people would be posting about installing leaks..?

Edit: N/M seems to be sort of confirmed by Ping1337's post

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It took all of around 15 min to download & install ICS 4.0.4 on verizon fios 35/35.
This is the official version. I am not kidding.
Model # I727
Android ver: 4.0.4
Baseband version: I727UCLF6
Kernel ver: 3.0.8

It is HERE!!!!

dco50321

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to return skyrocket to stock from the UCLF5 leak that came out a like two weeks ago. Using ODIN and the .tar file. However something goes wrong. Everything goes back to gingerbread except the baseband version keeps staying the same. I got KIES to update successfully now I just need the phone back to the correct baseband version. Anyone can help?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz