08-20-2012 09:39 AM
106 1234 ...
tools
    Installed it Yesterday from GB 2.3.6. Working perfectly ..excellent battery life... I think I will keep this version till Custom rom for jelly bean comes out.
    06-28-2012 09:56 PM
    Ok how the hell do I screen capture. i cant figure it out and i downloaded the leak and it is amazing. thank you very much for the info it is working amazingly. best ever.
    06-29-2012 02:40 AM
    Ok never mind. I figured it out. You have to hold it for about two seconds and then it does it ok pretty freaking amazing.
    06-29-2012 02:47 AM
    Installed this yesterday - wow is all I can say! Just made a great phone even better! Thank you for posting the info for this!
    06-29-2012 06:26 AM
    Use the below two links to root the phone. get Superuser.zip from the second link.

[MOD] ROOT | CWM | ODIN | SGH-I727 and SGH-I727R Skyrocket - xda-developers

1.Wipe cache/Dalvik before installing superuser3.07-XXX.zip

[GUIDE]{ROOT}How To Root The ICS Leak - xda-developers
    06-29-2012 08:00 AM
    Works like a charm! Can't get it to root though. Oh well, no big deal.
    06-29-2012 02:23 PM
    I just upgraded last night from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

Unfortunately I've noticed no improvement whatsoever in battery life, even while idling
    06-29-2012 04:24 PM
    Flashed tonight and already love it. Seems faster than 2.3.6
    06-29-2012 07:49 PM
    Yeah I feel as though my battery life isnt any better... possibly a little worse
    06-29-2012 11:38 PM
    I don't know guys. Battery life for me has been rather good. I was in Oakland all day used gps and pandora and the battery lasted 6.5 hours. I think thats pretty good for having the gps and pandora on. Other than that leak works amazing by far. I had written off ICS but with this I am a believer once again.
    06-30-2012 12:26 AM
    Thanks! Currently running UCLE2...we'll see what it's like.
    06-30-2012 01:43 PM
    I don't know guys. Battery life for me has been rather good. I was in Oakland all day used gps and pandora and the battery lasted 6.5 hours. I think thats pretty good for having the gps and pandora on. Other than that leak works amazing by far. I had written off ICS but with this I am a believer once again.
    how many hours of "display on" have you got?
    06-30-2012 03:44 PM
    Works like a charm! Can't get it to root though. Oh well, no big deal.
    I believe you can root by flashing ClockWork Mode Touch from Odin first, and then flashing superuser.zip from CWM
    06-30-2012 03:48 PM
    Trevalkin I had the display on the entire 6.5 hours. With gingerbread I would get about the same maybe a half hour more but yeah. So not bad. Not bad at all.
    06-30-2012 10:52 PM
    I got 15 hours of battery yesterday, with moderate use like checking e-mail, twitter etc. Good enough for me
    07-01-2012 10:01 AM
    I just upgraded and the update worked fine... however somehow backup master saved my backup to my phone and not my external SD card... I didn't catch that before I upgraded and now I have to start from scratch...
    07-01-2012 05:11 PM
    Anyone else having trouble taking a screenshot on this build? I tried Vol Down + Power and Home + Power. Neither would work.
    07-01-2012 05:29 PM
    I'm running the leak and rooted it and is working flawlessly. Great battery life. The only question is there any way to edit the bottom tool bar? I want to replace some of the stock apps that are loaded there. I was able to do that while running the Nexus Mod but not with this leak. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 06:59 PM
    Anyone else having trouble taking a screenshot on this build? I tried Vol Down + Power and Home + Power. Neither would work.
    you have to hold down the power+home button and hold them for about two seconds or three and it will take the screen shot.
    brytonic likes this.
    07-01-2012 07:19 PM
    you have to hold down the power+home button and hold them for about two seconds or three and it will take the screen shot.
    Yep that was it. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 08:00 PM
    anyone having problems tethering on this version?
    07-01-2012 10:34 PM
    Trev.. now that Google announced 4.1, do you think there will be some ROMS for the Skyrocket for this version? Am still deliberating about getting the SR for far less $$ than the GS3 along with having a phone that's had far more developers working with it. The GS3 is very sweet though but I suspect the SR will be nearly free since all the stores will have them in stock shortly.

Also, when playing around with an SR at the ATT store the other day, the pinch zoom seems to lag a bit.. that normal?
    07-01-2012 11:47 PM
    Trev.. now that Google announced 4.1, do you think there will be some ROMS for the Skyrocket for this version? Am still deliberating about getting the SR for far less $$ than the GS3 along with having a phone that's had far more developers working with it. The GS3 is very sweet though but I suspect the SR will be nearly free since all the stores will have them in stock shortly.

Also, when playing around with an SR at the ATT store the other day, the pinch zoom seems to lag a bit.. that normal?
    In fact, I was searching today on xda Skyrocket forums for any mention of JB and haven't found anything so far. As far as I understand the developers need to have a working base of an official firmware for the specific phone to create a custom ROM. I mean there probably may be some JB development idk that. But in any case, if you are still debating between these two phones I'd recommend going with the GS3. Custom ROMS always have bugs and I personally prefer my phone to be completely stock. Also there is a much better chance for the GS3 to be updated to JB than SR... I personally got tired of all this carrier's BS and bought a Galaxy Nexus. And intend on doing so from now on.
    Edit:
    I think the Skyrocket will see ICS very soon, I mean with all these leaks and especially Rogers version has already been updated... its a great phone so if you want to spend as less as possible for one of the high end phones on the market today then go with the Skyrocket..
    speaking of pinch to zoom lag, this is something that can be attributed to the TouchWiz, you can install any other launcher available on google play and an alternative browser. i personally liked the built in browser on SR, worked best for me....
    07-02-2012 12:42 AM
    There are a few guys working on Jellybean for the Skyrocket but the real development can start once the source for is released later this month. But ya I know what you mean Trev, I think I'm buying Nexus devices from now on. All this waiting on carrier updates is getting pretty ridiculous. That and my undying hate for manufacturer skins lol

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-2012 11:54 AM
    There are a few guys working on Jellybean for the Skyrocket but the real development can start once the source for is released later this month. But ya I know what you mean Trev, I think I'm buying Nexus devices from now on. All this waiting on carrier updates is getting pretty ridiculous. That and my undying hate for manufacturer skins lol

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    I shipped my GN back to google today... It was a very hard choice but the damn phone was overheating around the camera so much up to the point it was impossible to hold it next to my ear... never had that happening with my SR. plus due to the HD screen and slower processor gaming was a pain on it, NOVA3 and Mass Effect Infiltrator lagged... What I'm gonna do is I'll wait and see if Google will announce a new nexus device by december this year and what the specs will look like, I might either pick it up or GS3 because in december I'm eligible for an exception upgrade... really really tried to love GN was considering even to have both phones (SR as a backup)...
    07-02-2012 02:11 PM
106 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD