08-20-2012 09:39 AM
106 12345
tools
    Trev thank you for your guide and the link for the leaked build. I have been watching this forum closely at each 'leak' and decided to jump in on this one.

I have not touched a thing on my SR up to this point. I know how to flash but I am very hesitant to do it with my current device. With this I felt comfortable enough that it wasn't a full root / cwm type setup. It was more than an AT&T OTA, but after the feedback I read it looked good enough.

I am SO happy with this build, finally getting ICS on my device is great, just for the 5 or 6 little things I was looking forward too. Heck even the port of Google Ears today, I was able to side load that because I am on this build.

So thanks!!

Question about the future, will this device now be able to get the production build via Kies when it launches? In trying to get to ICS prior I performed the manual Firmware update in Kies and discovered that Samsung has the ability to recover a soft bricked phone, i.e. so long as you can get to your bootloader. When my SR was on 2.3.6 and I ran that it reflashed the phone to bare stock, and put back on 2.3.5 (probably because that is what Samsung has stored for the SR). Then AT&T updated it back to 2.3.6.

Just wondering, maybe I will not switch to it as NOTHING appears to be wrong with this build, except screenshot is still home + power and not vol down + power, but I don't really care as long as I know which it is.
    07-02-2012 04:16 PM
    This build is flawless. Been on it since the day it was leaked. The battery life is the best I've ever seen on any rom. It literally flatlines while it is sleeping with all the radios turned on. The setting of scrolling wallpaper is an issue. Something tells me that Samsung wants to keep it not scrolling seeing how obvious this bug is, and that it's been out since 2.3.6 and they have not touched it. Touchwiz sucks anyway so I use Apex Launcher and Quick Pic to set my wallpaper so this is not an issue.
    07-02-2012 04:36 PM
    I tried downloading it twice and I get almost done and it stops.Today it stopped at 97% and quit downloading.Any other place I can get the file?
    07-02-2012 05:47 PM
    I installed UCLF5 over the weekend. My only complaint is that the touchkey lights still won't stay on all the time, regardless of what you have the setting on.
    07-02-2012 07:23 PM
    Can anyone tell me for sure if I install this rom if it will erase all my data on the internal sd card? I know there are ways to backup the data but them seam to be hit and miss for some people. This is the only thing holding me back from flashing to this rom.
    07-02-2012 10:12 PM
    Can anyone tell me for sure if I install this rom if it will erase all my data on the internal sd card? I know there are ways to backup the data but them seam to be hit and miss for some people. This is the only thing holding me back from flashing to this rom.
    There are 2 options.

The Odin One Click will definitely erase all your data on your internal SD card. You will lose all your pics, in app downloads, backed up files, and files you've copied over usb. So make sure you copy all your backups, pictures, and in app downloads (so you don't have to download these again).

The CWM restore zip most of the times won't overwrite your personal files on your internal SD card unless explicitly made to do so. People usually prefer this method because if you use programs like Titanium Backup, the files aren't touched, so it saves some hassle when restoring apps. the drawbacks are you usually have to flash the radios separately. You have to clear, wipe, erase all these different caches, data, partitions which is a lot of steps.
    07-03-2012 02:02 AM
    I'm ready to do this i'm just nervous about the APN. Is this something i need to be worried about or am i just being over cautious?
    The backup steps tell you to make sure that you get a backup of the APN but then all of the APN backup tools say they that fail to restore the APN on ICS so not sure what to do.
    I'm new to this and dont want to wait any more for ICS.
    07-03-2012 11:00 PM
    I'm ready to do this i'm just nervous about the APN. Is this something i need to be worried about or am i just being over cautious?
    The backup steps tell you to make sure that you get a backup of the APN but then all of the APN backup tools say they that fail to restore the APN on ICS so not sure what to do.
    I'm new to this and dont want to wait any more for ICS.
    You don't need to worry about APNs if you do Odin One Click. If you flash with CWM, then some do not have APN settings, but they can be easily put in manually. It's just a hassle.
    07-04-2012 03:28 AM
    ok so i took the plunge and flashed. used kies to back up everything (piece of SH!T software)
    of course nothing backed up...
    So now i have a shiny new ICS phone with nothing on it and now i get to reload everything. thank god i had a google account and everything is up there but i still have to re download everything and reconfigure everything :-(
    07-04-2012 10:49 AM
    I this update and since then I've lost access to both the internal and external memory. When booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card I get an error indicating failure to mount the card. I've tried reflashing as well as downgrading (currently on 2.3.6) but still no luck the only memory I have available now is 1.8gb of system memory. I should have 32gb (16 internal and 16 external) HELP!
    by "booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card" you mean CWM? This leak does not use CWM its an Odin one-click file... can you be more specific how exactly are you trying to do this? You can return your phone to stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread by going to this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/sky...oft-brick.html
    07-04-2012 12:04 PM
    Jason, first try to do a complete reset of the phone from the settings along with the USB storage (Remove your SD card from the phone though). then if it won't work try the link i posted above, it shoud return you completely to stock 2.3.5 GB
    Edit:
    i've never updated through Kies, Everytime I'd plug my phone to Pc and activate Kies it would say "you device is not supported upgrading via Kies" I'm just guessing here but the Kies update might have messed up your phone even more, what you also may try is search for a DarkSide superwipe on xda site flash it through CWM touch and that should completely clean your phone, and then try the UCLF5 again or the GB 2.3.5 stock via Odin.
    here is the link for Darkside Superwipe http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477955
    I've used it a few times and it works great.
    07-04-2012 12:47 PM
    First post here, hello everyone.

I was running GB 2.3.6 and getting really tired of waiting for AT&T's official update. Flashed UCLF5 to my Skyrocket yesterday, been running since then with no problems except a possible battery calibration issue. Rooted this morning in order to investigate this further. So far, I'm really impressed.
    07-04-2012 01:29 PM
    First post here, hello everyone.

I was running GB 2.3.6 and getting really tired of waiting for AT&T's official update. Flashed UCLF5 to my Skyrocket yesterday, been running since then with no problems except a possible battery calibration issue. Rooted this morning in order to investigate this further. So far, I'm really impressed.
    The battery is really great on this ROM its about the same as I had on 2.3.6 GB If and when ATT will release the final offical update I might wait a bit and see if people will report any issues because I'm pretty much happy with this rom now.
    07-04-2012 01:45 PM
    I this update and since then I've lost access to both the internal and external memory. When booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card I get an error indicating failure to mount the card. I've tried reflashing as well as downgrading (currently on 2.3.6) but still no luck the only memory I have available now is 1.8gb of system memory. I should have 32gb (16 internal and 16 external) HELP!
    What is your usb storage? Mine says:
    Device memory 1.97GB.
    USB storage = 11.26GB
    External SD =3.97GB
    Remember that due to the differences between mfgr regarding the wording of GB this will not be exactly 16GB. Also the os does reserve some space for esential system files/folders, etc; so this space will be unavailable to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 02:26 PM
    I'm back on 2.3.5. using the link you provided, still no luck, no access to memory. I looked at the super wipe but it looks like I need to copy it to the Sd card which I don't have access to thanks to uclf5
    You may have an unrelated hardware failure. Try putting the sd card on a pc with reader.

07-04-2012 04:08 PM
    Thanks again for helping Trevalkin, I'm Switching to my laptop to write this out.

What I was saying is that since I performed the UCLF5 update that my internal and external memory has become unavailable. When I was running UCLF5, when I try to start the camera I would get the message: "Turn off usb storage before using camera"

When I go to Settings --> Storage both USB storage and SD Card storage show all unavailable for all the various "space" information. When I try to mount the SD card from this menu, it doesn't mount.

The phone does recognize that there's an SD card there, but when I plug it in there's a message that reads "Preparing SD Card" then ".. memory blank or unrecognized filesystem".

When I eject the SD card I get "Removed SD Card"

SO this tells me that it knows a card is there, but UCLF5 did something to the filesystem or something that made the internal/external memory unmountable. I did the ODIN upgrade which shouldn't have touched the External SD memory (to my knowledge).

Next what I tried was going into recovery mode to see if I could navigate the SD card from the "Install from SD card" just to see if it's recognized at this level, but when I select the menu option I get a message indicating that it was unable to mount the SD card.

After I had these issues with UCLF5 I tried backing down to the most recent ICS leak which flashed fine, but still had the same internal/external memory issues

Lastly I downgraded to 2.3.5 via Kies and then OTA to 2.3.6, but I'm still running into the same issue. I'm completely perplexed!
    How did you update through kies? Do you have a model SGH-I727 under phone settings? USA 4G LTE model?

07-04-2012 04:11 PM
    You may have an unrelated hardware failure. Try putting the sd card on a pc with reader.

I think so too. You can try to call ATT and ask to exchange the phone. Since you are on official version now shouldn't be a problem as long as you have insurance on it
    07-04-2012 05:14 PM
    Interestingly I'm able to connect the phone to the computer and access the SD,but not from the phone itself. Seems UCLF5 must have changed a configuration file or something
    This is definitely a software related issue
    Did you do Odin One Click? I would re-do it because my phone is perfect. I have a 32GB and a 64GB and they work like they should.
    07-04-2012 05:36 PM
    ok so i took the plunge and flashed. used kies to back up everything (piece of SH!T software)
    of course nothing backed up...
    So now i have a shiny new ICS phone with nothing on it and now i get to reload everything. thank god i had a google account and everything is up there but i still have to re download everything and reconfigure everything :-(
    Same thing happened to me. What a pain in the a$$. It took me three hours to reinstall everything and configure the phone how I want it. I try to stay away from Kies at all costs. It just has too many flaws.
    07-04-2012 06:11 PM
    yeah well i am now at least 6 hours into reconfiguring it and i still don't have everything back the way i want it and now i just discovered that i lost my level 53 Miracle city account because it doesn't recognize the email account i used to setup my account. what a bunch of crap...

well at least i am at ICS...

Anybody have a good email replacement because i liked the original email program better, this one sucks.
    07-04-2012 09:28 PM
    I am looking for help with the UCLF5 leak. I used one click to load UCLF5 on my SR. Then I used Odin to flash the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar boot loader. It works well. I did a backup of the new ICS load and I restored back to my GBread image. I want to be able to switch to either ICS or GB. When I switched back to ICS, I could no longer do a shutdown. The shutdown would work down to the final vibration but it would not power off. When I switch to GB it works well and powers down normally. Prior to the backup and restore of UCLF5 ICS, it would power down fine. Any ideas how can accomplish what I am trying to do?
    Thanks
    07-04-2012 11:16 PM
    I am looking for help with the UCLF5 leak. I used one click to load UCLF5 on my SR. Then I used Odin to flash the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar boot loader. It works well. I did a backup of the new ICS load and I restored back to my GBread image. I want to be able to switch to either ICS or GB. When I switched back to ICS, I could no longer do a shutdown. The shutdown would work down to the final vibration but it would not power off. When I switch to GB it works well and powers down normally. Prior to the backup and restore of UCLF5 ICS, it would power down fine. Any ideas how can accomplish what I am trying to do?
    Thanks
    General rule of thumb, do not restore on different versions of operating systems.
    07-04-2012 11:28 PM
    Same thing happened to me. What a pain in the a$$. It took me three hours to reinstall everything and configure the phone how I want it. I try to stay away from Kies at all costs. It just has too many flaws.
    Use Titanium Backup Pro for batch backups and restores of installed apps. Use Kies for backing up contacts, texts, pictures, etc.
    07-04-2012 11:30 PM
    I D/L the one click install referenced in this thread. Prior to this image I was running the previous leaked version of ICS without issues
    If you tried different roms, and they all exhibit the same problem, sounds like a hardware failure as others have stated.

I know this might sound like crazy, but the fit and finish of the components inside Galaxy phones are kinda loose. You can try to drop your phone on a hard cushioned surface like a rubber mat, and drop it with a slight thud to knock the components back in place. You can try all sides of the phone, one side at a time.
    07-04-2012 11:37 PM
    As a test, I used one click to load ICS UCLF5, then Odin to load the CWM boot loader.
    Next I did a backup. I shutdown and booted up a couple of times and the power always turned off at the end of the shutdown. Next I just restored the backup of UCLF5 that I just did. Now it will not power down at the end of shutdown. There was no other version of the OS in this scenario. I think that I have the latest version of CWM recovery in the boot loader. Also, I can restore other versions of ICS like CM9 and AOKP and the turn off power. It seems to be function of this leak of UCLF5 and the backup/restore process. Has anyone seen this problem?
    07-05-2012 09:51 AM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD