latest ICS UCLF5 leak

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Jason, first try to do a complete reset of the phone from the settings along with the USB storage (Remove your SD card from the phone though). then if it won't work try the link i posted above, it shoud return you completely to stock 2.3.5 GB
Edit:
i've never updated through Kies, Everytime I'd plug my phone to Pc and activate Kies it would say "you device is not supported upgrading via Kies" I'm just guessing here but the Kies update might have messed up your phone even more, what you also may try is search for a DarkSide superwipe on xda site flash it through CWM touch and that should completely clean your phone, and then try the UCLF5 again or the GB 2.3.5 stock via Odin.
here is the link for Darkside Superwipe http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1477955
I've used it a few times and it works great.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
First post here, hello everyone.

I was running GB 2.3.6 and getting really tired of waiting for AT&T's official update. Flashed UCLF5 to my Skyrocket yesterday, been running since then with no problems except a possible battery calibration issue. Rooted this morning in order to investigate this further. So far, I'm really impressed.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
First post here, hello everyone.

I was running GB 2.3.6 and getting really tired of waiting for AT&T's official update. Flashed UCLF5 to my Skyrocket yesterday, been running since then with no problems except a possible battery calibration issue. Rooted this morning in order to investigate this further. So far, I'm really impressed.

The battery is really great on this ROM its about the same as I had on 2.3.6 GB If and when ATT will release the final offical update I might wait a bit and see if people will report any issues because I'm pretty much happy with this rom now.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I this update and since then I've lost access to both the internal and external memory. When booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card I get an error indicating failure to mount the card. I've tried reflashing as well as downgrading (currently on 2.3.6) but still no luck the only memory I have available now is 1.8gb of system memory. I should have 32gb (16 internal and 16 external) HELP!

What is your usb storage? Mine says:
Device memory 1.97GB.
USB storage = 11.26GB
External SD =3.97GB
Remember that due to the differences between mfgr regarding the wording of GB this will not be exactly 16GB. Also the os does reserve some space for esential system files/folders, etc; so this space will be unavailable to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm back on 2.3.5. using the link you provided, still no luck, no access to memory. I looked at the super wipe but it looks like I need to copy it to the Sd card which I don't have access to thanks to uclf5 :(

You may have an unrelated hardware failure. Try putting the sd card on a pc with reader.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for helping Trevalkin, I'm Switching to my laptop to write this out.

What I was saying is that since I performed the UCLF5 update that my internal and external memory has become unavailable. When I was running UCLF5, when I try to start the camera I would get the message: "Turn off usb storage before using camera"

When I go to Settings --> Storage both USB storage and SD Card storage show all unavailable for all the various "space" information. When I try to mount the SD card from this menu, it doesn't mount.

The phone does recognize that there's an SD card there, but when I plug it in there's a message that reads "Preparing SD Card" then ".. memory blank or unrecognized filesystem".

When I eject the SD card I get "Removed SD Card"

SO this tells me that it knows a card is there, but UCLF5 did something to the filesystem or something that made the internal/external memory unmountable. I did the ODIN upgrade which shouldn't have touched the External SD memory (to my knowledge).

Next what I tried was going into recovery mode to see if I could navigate the SD card from the "Install from SD card" just to see if it's recognized at this level, but when I select the menu option I get a message indicating that it was unable to mount the SD card.

After I had these issues with UCLF5 I tried backing down to the most recent ICS leak which flashed fine, but still had the same internal/external memory issues

Lastly I downgraded to 2.3.5 via Kies and then OTA to 2.3.6, but I'm still running into the same issue. I'm completely perplexed!

How did you update through kies? Do you have a model SGH-I727 under phone settings? USA 4G LTE model?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You may have an unrelated hardware failure. Try putting the sd card on a pc with reader.

I think so too. You can try to call ATT and ask to exchange the phone. Since you are on official version now shouldn't be a problem as long as you have insurance on it

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly I'm able to connect the phone to the computer and access the SD,but not from the phone itself. Seems UCLF5 must have changed a configuration file or something
This is definitely a software related issue

Did you do Odin One Click? I would re-do it because my phone is perfect. I have a 32GB and a 64GB and they work like they should.

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
ok so i took the plunge and flashed. used kies to back up everything (piece of SH!T software)
of course nothing backed up...
So now i have a shiny new ICS phone with nothing on it and now i get to reload everything. thank god i had a google account and everything is up there but i still have to re download everything and reconfigure everything :-(

Same thing happened to me. What a pain in the a$$. It took me three hours to reinstall everything and configure the phone how I want it. I try to stay away from Kies at all costs. It just has too many flaws.

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah well i am now at least 6 hours into reconfiguring it and i still don't have everything back the way i want it and now i just discovered that i lost my level 53 Miracle city account because it doesn't recognize the email account i used to setup my account. what a bunch of crap...

well at least i am at ICS...

Anybody have a good email replacement because i liked the original email program better, this one sucks.

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for help with the UCLF5 leak. I used one click to load UCLF5 on my SR. Then I used Odin to flash the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar boot loader. It works well. I did a backup of the new ICS load and I restored back to my GBread image. I want to be able to switch to either ICS or GB. When I switched back to ICS, I could no longer do a shutdown. The shutdown would work down to the final vibration but it would not power off. When I switch to GB it works well and powers down normally. Prior to the backup and restore of UCLF5 ICS, it would power down fine. Any ideas how can accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for help with the UCLF5 leak. I used one click to load UCLF5 on my SR. Then I used Odin to flash the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar boot loader. It works well. I did a backup of the new ICS load and I restored back to my GBread image. I want to be able to switch to either ICS or GB. When I switched back to ICS, I could no longer do a shutdown. The shutdown would work down to the final vibration but it would not power off. When I switch to GB it works well and powers down normally. Prior to the backup and restore of UCLF5 ICS, it would power down fine. Any ideas how can accomplish what I am trying to do?
Thanks

General rule of thumb, do not restore on different versions of operating systems.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. What a pain in the a$$. It took me three hours to reinstall everything and configure the phone how I want it. I try to stay away from Kies at all costs. It just has too many flaws.

Use Titanium Backup Pro for batch backups and restores of installed apps. Use Kies for backing up contacts, texts, pictures, etc.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I D/L the one click install referenced in this thread. Prior to this image I was running the previous leaked version of ICS without issues

If you tried different roms, and they all exhibit the same problem, sounds like a hardware failure as others have stated.

I know this might sound like crazy, but the fit and finish of the components inside Galaxy phones are kinda loose. You can try to drop your phone on a hard cushioned surface like a rubber mat, and drop it with a slight thud to knock the components back in place. You can try all sides of the phone, one side at a time.

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
As a test, I used one click to load ICS UCLF5, then Odin to load the CWM boot loader.
Next I did a backup. I shutdown and booted up a couple of times and the power always turned off at the end of the shutdown. Next I just restored the backup of UCLF5 that I just did. Now it will not power down at the end of shutdown. There was no other version of the OS in this scenario. I think that I have the latest version of CWM recovery in the boot loader. Also, I can restore other versions of ICS like CM9 and AOKP and the turn off power. It seems to be function of this leak of UCLF5 and the backup/restore process. Has anyone seen this problem?