latest ICS UCLF5 leak

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded and the update worked fine... however somehow backup master saved my backup to my phone and not my external SD card... I didn't catch that before I upgraded and now I have to start from scratch...

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble taking a screenshot on this build? I tried Vol Down + Power and Home + Power. Neither would work.

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the leak and rooted it and is working flawlessly. Great battery life. The only question is there any way to edit the bottom tool bar? I want to replace some of the stock apps that are loaded there. I was able to do that while running the Nexus Mod but not with this leak. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Trev.. now that Google announced 4.1, do you think there will be some ROMS for the Skyrocket for this version? Am still deliberating about getting the SR for far less $$ than the GS3 along with having a phone that's had far more developers working with it. The GS3 is very sweet though but I suspect the SR will be nearly free since all the stores will have them in stock shortly.

Also, when playing around with an SR at the ATT store the other day, the pinch zoom seems to lag a bit.. that normal?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Trev.. now that Google announced 4.1, do you think there will be some ROMS for the Skyrocket for this version? Am still deliberating about getting the SR for far less $$ than the GS3 along with having a phone that's had far more developers working with it. The GS3 is very sweet though but I suspect the SR will be nearly free since all the stores will have them in stock shortly.

Also, when playing around with an SR at the ATT store the other day, the pinch zoom seems to lag a bit.. that normal?
In fact, I was searching today on xda Skyrocket forums for any mention of JB and haven't found anything so far. As far as I understand the developers need to have a working base of an official firmware for the specific phone to create a custom ROM. I mean there probably may be some JB development idk that. But in any case, if you are still debating between these two phones I'd recommend going with the GS3. Custom ROMS always have bugs and I personally prefer my phone to be completely stock. Also there is a much better chance for the GS3 to be updated to JB than SR... I personally got tired of all this carrier's BS and bought a Galaxy Nexus. And intend on doing so from now on.
Edit:
I think the Skyrocket will see ICS very soon, I mean with all these leaks and especially Rogers version has already been updated... its a great phone so if you want to spend as less as possible for one of the high end phones on the market today then go with the Skyrocket..
speaking of pinch to zoom lag, this is something that can be attributed to the TouchWiz, you can install any other launcher available on google play and an alternative browser. i personally liked the built in browser on SR, worked best for me....

Last edited:

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There are a few guys working on Jellybean for the Skyrocket but the real development can start once the source for is released later this month. But ya I know what you mean Trev, I think I'm buying Nexus devices from now on. All this waiting on carrier updates is getting pretty ridiculous. That and my undying hate for manufacturer skins lol

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
There are a few guys working on Jellybean for the Skyrocket but the real development can start once the source for is released later this month. But ya I know what you mean Trev, I think I'm buying Nexus devices from now on. All this waiting on carrier updates is getting pretty ridiculous. That and my undying hate for manufacturer skins lol

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I shipped my GN back to google today... It was a very hard choice but the damn phone was overheating around the camera so much up to the point it was impossible to hold it next to my ear... never had that happening with my SR. plus due to the HD screen and slower processor gaming was a pain on it, NOVA3 and Mass Effect Infiltrator lagged... What I'm gonna do is I'll wait and see if Google will announce a new nexus device by december this year and what the specs will look like, I might either pick it up or GS3 because in december I'm eligible for an exception upgrade... really really tried to love GN was considering even to have both phones (SR as a backup)...

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Trev thank you for your guide and the link for the leaked build. I have been watching this forum closely at each 'leak' and decided to jump in on this one.

I have not touched a thing on my SR up to this point. I know how to flash but I am very hesitant to do it with my current device. With this I felt comfortable enough that it wasn't a full root / cwm type setup. It was more than an AT&T OTA, but after the feedback I read it looked good enough.

I am SO happy with this build, finally getting ICS on my device is great, just for the 5 or 6 little things I was looking forward too. Heck even the port of Google Ears today, I was able to side load that because I am on this build.

So thanks!!

Question about the future, will this device now be able to get the production build via Kies when it launches? In trying to get to ICS prior I performed the manual Firmware update in Kies and discovered that Samsung has the ability to recover a soft bricked phone, i.e. so long as you can get to your bootloader. When my SR was on 2.3.6 and I ran that it reflashed the phone to bare stock, and put back on 2.3.5 (probably because that is what Samsung has stored for the SR). Then AT&T updated it back to 2.3.6.

Just wondering, maybe I will not switch to it as NOTHING appears to be wrong with this build, except screenshot is still home + power and not vol down + power, but I don't really care as long as I know which it is.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
This build is flawless. Been on it since the day it was leaked. The battery life is the best I've ever seen on any rom. It literally flatlines while it is sleeping with all the radios turned on. The setting of scrolling wallpaper is an issue. Something tells me that Samsung wants to keep it not scrolling seeing how obvious this bug is, and that it's been out since 2.3.6 and they have not touched it. Touchwiz sucks anyway so I use Apex Launcher and Quick Pic to set my wallpaper so this is not an issue.

wade1974

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried downloading it twice and I get almost done and it stops.Today it stopped at 97% and quit downloading.Any other place I can get the file?

mikecornwell

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed UCLF5 over the weekend. My only complaint is that the touchkey lights still won't stay on all the time, regardless of what you have the setting on.

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me for sure if I install this rom if it will erase all my data on the internal sd card? I know there are ways to backup the data but them seam to be hit and miss for some people. This is the only thing holding me back from flashing to this rom.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me for sure if I install this rom if it will erase all my data on the internal sd card? I know there are ways to backup the data but them seam to be hit and miss for some people. This is the only thing holding me back from flashing to this rom.

There are 2 options.

The Odin One Click will definitely erase all your data on your internal SD card. You will lose all your pics, in app downloads, backed up files, and files you've copied over usb. So make sure you copy all your backups, pictures, and in app downloads (so you don't have to download these again).

The CWM restore zip most of the times won't overwrite your personal files on your internal SD card unless explicitly made to do so. People usually prefer this method because if you use programs like Titanium Backup, the files aren't touched, so it saves some hassle when restoring apps. the drawbacks are you usually have to flash the radios separately. You have to clear, wipe, erase all these different caches, data, partitions which is a lot of steps.

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to do this i'm just nervous about the APN. Is this something i need to be worried about or am i just being over cautious?
The backup steps tell you to make sure that you get a backup of the APN but then all of the APN backup tools say they that fail to restore the APN on ICS so not sure what to do.
I'm new to this and dont want to wait any more for ICS.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to do this i'm just nervous about the APN. Is this something i need to be worried about or am i just being over cautious?
The backup steps tell you to make sure that you get a backup of the APN but then all of the APN backup tools say they that fail to restore the APN on ICS so not sure what to do.
I'm new to this and dont want to wait any more for ICS.

You don't need to worry about APNs if you do Odin One Click. If you flash with CWM, then some do not have APN settings, but they can be easily put in manually. It's just a hassle.

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
ok so i took the plunge and flashed. used kies to back up everything (piece of SH!T software)
of course nothing backed up...
So now i have a shiny new ICS phone with nothing on it and now i get to reload everything. thank god i had a google account and everything is up there but i still have to re download everything and reconfigure everything :-(

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I this update and since then I've lost access to both the internal and external memory. When booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card I get an error indicating failure to mount the card. I've tried reflashing as well as downgrading (currently on 2.3.6) but still no luck the only memory I have available now is 1.8gb of system memory. I should have 32gb (16 internal and 16 external) HELP!

by "booting into recovery mode and I try to install from SD card" you mean CWM? This leak does not use CWM its an Odin one-click file... can you be more specific how exactly are you trying to do this? You can return your phone to stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread by going to this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/sk...-odin-thread-return-stock-fix-soft-brick.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2