Bluetooth contacts duplicate for mobile, home etc

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
In the Audi Q5 with MMI3, when I pair my phone with bluetooth, it imports the phonebook contact list. It treats each entry in each contact as a separate contact. So if John Smith has mobile, home, and business numbers, he shows up three times, This means the voice dial doesn't work (where you say, dial John Smith, cell). If I say John Smith, it brings up all three names...each with a mobile phone symbol.. and I have to pick randomly. When I pick one, I'll see it is mobile or home etc. I thought I would have to live with this until one day, all of a sudden it seemed, the problem fixed itself.

When fixed, it worked perfectly. There was one contact with three subnumbers each with the appropriate symbol. I could voice dial because when I said John Smith, there was only one to choose. I could say John Smith Cell and it would dial etc. I was now liking my car again. Major Major improvement. Starting yesterday, the dream ended. After months of working correctly, it went back to the multiple entries per person. I have no idea what changed. I have paired and repaired. I have deleted the device etc.

I am at my wits end. Any thoughts or suggestions? Now that I know the Audi can do this correctly, I am obsessed with getting it to work again.

Papanas

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for me with a SGSII. Was working for some time, then not working again. I tried with phones other than mine : it worked...
Have you had any progress on this since the original post?

Thanks

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I moved to the S3 and it worked fine. Now I bought the Note 3 and it is doing it again!! It seemingly is random. Sometimes it connects and is fine, others it has a separate entry for each number. It is driving me nuts. I can't believe others are not having this issue.. but I don't see a lot out there. Not sure if it is the phone's fault or the car's or both.

sure wish I had a fix.!

- - - Updated - - -

I moved to the S3 and it worked fine. Now I bought the Note 3 and it is doing it again!! It seemingly is random. Sometimes it connects and is fine, others it has a separate entry for each number. It is driving me nuts. I can't believe others are not having this issue.. but I don't see a lot out there. Not sure if it is the phone's fault or the car's or both.

sure wish I had a fix.!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith