3rd Quarter

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, first ics was supposed to be available for my SII SR by the end of the first quarter. NOW, here we are in quarter 3!!! I'm quickly reaching the point of furiosity (not a real word, but fits mood). I am so close to declaring my independence from AT&T and Samsung!!! This situation has far surpassed ridiculous irresponsibility and a blatant disregard for our value as customers!!!

What would happen if we created a huge e-petition and forwarded it to att and Samsung???

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Me too this is bullcrap!!! Im running the latest leak but still affraid to root and void warranty...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SKYROCKET using Android Central Forums

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We, as high tech Android users, need to get away from buying OEM phones and stick with the Nexus line. No petition will help. It will get lost (on purpose) and never see the light of day. Spread the word: don't buy. Only buy Nexus devices. Maybe, just maybe they might change this.

Reactions: TvTechGuru

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
We, as high tech Android users, need to get away from buying OEM phones and stick with the Nexus line. No petition will help. It will get lost (on purpose) and never see the light of day. Spread the word: don't buy. Only buy Nexus devices. Maybe, just maybe they might change this.

I'm getting really close to adopting that smartphone owner lifestyle... to only buy nexus/pure Google phones outright and just pop in the SIM card. I just bought my SR when it came out in December and I can't justify buying a phone outright but with the galaxy nexus price drop it's becoming tempting so I could get ICS and regular updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting really close to adopting that smartphone owner lifestyle... to only buy nexus/pure Google phones outright and just pop in the SIM card. I just bought my SR when it came out in December and I can't justify buying a phone outright but with the galaxy nexus price drop it's becoming tempting so I could get ICS and regular updates.

I agree with you, the only thing keeping me from ditching the skyrocket and grabbing the nexus is the lack of LTE, and sdcard. But even lacking those things i am still going back and forth on whether to grab one or not, and with Jellybean officially being released on the nexus any day now i might just be grabbing the nexus. If it werent for flashing CM9 i think i would be going crazy with this phone. Its ridiculous that you have to break warranties and risk bricking your phone to get software that should have been given to you.

Reactions: TvTechGuru

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree with you, the only thing keeping me from ditching the skyrocket and grabbing the nexus is the lack of LTE, and sdcard. But even lacking those things i am still going back and forth on whether to grab one or not, and with Jellybean officially being released on the nexus any day now i might just be grabbing the nexus. If it werent for flashing CM9 i think i would be going crazy with this phone. Its ridiculous that you have to break warranties and risk bricking your phone to get software that should have been given to you.

Agreed! Those same 2 things, no LTE and SD card in the nexus may be the only turn offs for me either but like you said it already has ICS and is soon getting 4.1. When Google settles this legal crap with apple and resumes selling it for $350 it will be really tempting.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Oh so you did root your skyrocket? See I was just too worried about screwing up the phone. So I'm on stock AT&T 2.3.6

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

For sure, I learned my lesson this was my first Android ill definitely get a nexus next time I'm done waiting for Att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

My big thing I miss when I went from the Nexus One to the Skyrocket is ease of getting updates and no bloat. It'll be a long while for me, but when I'm ready to upgrade again, I'll move back to the Nexus line. In the meantime, I'll be modding this to make it the way I want my Android experience to be.

Edit: I will add that hopefully by then, international versions of the next gen of Nexus can fit an LTE radio with a quad (or higher) core set. Or, like the SIII, all the carriers will carry the Nexus line, not just Verizon.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that whole petition thing wont do anything. I keep thinking that we will get ics any day now but it turns out we could have to wait until August which would suck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair