Android 4.0.4 for the Skyrocket available via Kies?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a nube but this is my first Android. I have UCLF5 on my phone but do I have to go back to gingerbread before I do this update? Don't want to brick my phone and I like the leak I have now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, totally not what I was expecting. The emergency flash didn't wipe out my data. It just took the phone to UCLF6, but all of my settings remain. It just added back in the AT&T Bloat which I will need to remove again, the simple ones that they let you uninstall that is.

Confirmed via Kies.. running LF6 now! Yay, back on stock!

That was easy.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay, totally not what I was expecting. The emergency flash didn't wipe out my data. It just took the phone to UCLF6, but all of my settings remain. It just added back in the AT&T Bloat which I will need to remove again, the simple ones that they let you uninstall that is.

Confirmed via Kies.. running LF6 now! Yay, back on stock!

That was easy.

So you didn't have to go back to gingerbread then flash official?

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Just so glad they fixed the handsfree part.i have version uclf6. Like having a new toy, i got to play with it some more.

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a nube but this is my first Android. I have UCLF5 on my phone but do I have to go back to gingerbread before I do this update? Don't want to brick my phone and I like the leak I have now

I was on that build as well, I followed the steps below to go from UCLF5 to UCLF6..

**Backup any data you feel is important first** Pictures, attachments, downloads

Shut down your phone and pull out the battery, write down your S/N for your phone should be 11 alphanumeric characters long.

Install Kies and then click Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, click OK

Confirm the next prompt (I don't think mine prompted this, but it did since I have the update now)

Then you should arrive at a screen asking for Serial Number and Model... For S/N put in the number you wrote from under the battery. For Model type in SGH-I727 (all caps or it will fail), click OK.

Then Kies will prompt you to connect the phone... perform the following.

Next you have to put your phone in recovery mode, to do so, make sure it is shut off. Press both volume up and down and do not release, while holding them down plug in USB to the computer and the phone (helps to already have it connected to the PC).

You can release volume up / down when you see green and blue text show up on the screen. This screen will warn you about flashing custom ROMs, just press volume up and the phone will be put in to download mode, you can leave it connected to the computer while in this mode.

Click OK/Next on the computer and the process will begin. The first bar is Kies downloading the update, second bar is it flashing to the phone.

After the first two bars it will prompt you that it is setting up the phone and NOT to disconnect it until the phone reboots. I clicked okay and waited. The phone did reboot 2-3 minutes after that window. Once I saw the AT&T splash screen I disconnected.

Then it took about 4 minutes to setup apps and start the OS, then I was back to my phone exactly as it was running UCLF5 but now was on UCLF6.

In my experience which is limited to just me, it worked great and did not wipe out any data at all! No re-setup for me!

Last edited:

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It took around 15 min to download & install the software on the SR with Verizon Fios 35/35. No problems so far. Time to play.

Here is my build info
Model SGH-I727
Version 4.04
Baseband Ver: I727UCLF6
Kernel Ver: 3.0.8

Last edited:

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
So you didn't have to go back to gingerbread then flash official?

You are correct, I just posted before this, the steps I took to flash stock 4.0.4 UCLF6.

It is a good tool to remember if you ever mess up your phone but can still access the bootloader, Kies can put you back to stock!

I have never rooted or flashed anything else to my SR other than leak #3 UCLF5.

misterbiscuit

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you please give a screen cap?

Sure...here you go!

Screenshot_2012-07-09-16-21-27.png

Last edited:

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It took around 15 min to download & install the software on the SR with Verizon Fios 35/35. I am attaching some pics with the phone info. No problems so far. Time to play.

For some reason the pictures don't want to upload. Sorry!!!

Last edited:

gildonian

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Odin seems to be sitting at the "Downloading.." portion of the update for a good half hour now.

Any ideas? Should I restart the update?

dwain77

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Since this is an 'update', does it wipe your phone? I know Brytonic said no, but I was curious if anyone else could chime in.

I was going to do the update while at work, but if I need to backup my data I'd rather wait and do it at home later.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You are correct, I just posted before this, the steps I took to flash stock 4.0.4 UCLF6.

It is a good tool to remember if you ever mess up your phone but can still access the bootloader, Kies can put you back to stock!

I have never rooted or flashed anything else to my SR other than leak #3 UCLF5.

Ok cool. My phone isn't rooted either but I have CWM version 3(e) which is the basic version but I don't care about it.

misterbiscuit

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since this is an 'update', does it wipe your phone? I know Brytonic said no, but I was curious if anyone else could chime in.

I was going to do the update while at work, but if I need to backup my data I'd rather wait and do it at home later.

It didn't wipe mine. Videos I recorded prior to the update are intact, for example.

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, TOTAL NEWB ALERT!!!!!!!

My phone is 100% stock and I've never backed up anything. How do I start? I read post #26, so I know I need to back up my stuff. I assume this is not like a i-phone backup that makes a full copy of the phone (levels in games and everything), but just some of the information.

1) Can I back up all of my text messages?
2) How are any backups done? If you have a link, that will do.

So now let's say backups are done. Now I have to download Kies from the Samsung website and follow post #26.

3) When you say "it took about 4 minutes to setup apps and start the OS, then I was back to my phone exactly as it was running UCLF5 ," does that include your folder organization, pictures in your contacts, levels your were at in your games, ring tones, etc.?

I'm getting desperate since Gingerbread 2.3.6, that I just got is getting on my nerves.

stargazer0460

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Kies updates came in with no problem, including updated USB drivers. My phone hooked right up and updated without a hitch. Looks like all of my apps are still here and I only have to redo my home screens. Not bad at all!!