Android 4.0.4 for the Skyrocket available via Kies?

brytonic

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh the phone? Wow, that sounds like you are near stock. That should not be the problem.

Are you sure it isn't checking your hard drive space on the PC, to have enough room available so that it can download the update?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Did a full reset phone is MUCH more smooth than in the beginning just backup your files on kies before

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
OK guys.. noob here about to get a Skyrocket. If I understand correctly, all you guys are saying the ICS update, 4.0.4 is official and coming from Samsung, right? I already installed Kies on my laptop so when my phone comes, should I update it before setting it up or? Since this isn't an OTA update, I suspect the new phone will have 2.3.5 running instead.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I want to do this right and so far, I'm not that thrilled about the GS3 other than the camera and HD screen. Thanks.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I too am running a super slick version of uclf5. Battery life is freakin awesome. I'm not even thinking about getting the extended life battery now! The screen feels like magic, it's so smooth and fast! Nfc and other goodies are enabled. I LOVE it! This is after coming from another version of Uclf5 was glitchy and battery sucking! Now I gotta decide if I want to take a chance on Uclf6 :-\ HELP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Don't know how comfortable you are with flashing CWM or rooting, but perhaps you can do a nandroid backup of UCLF5 in case you don't like the official update?

I feel you guys on the hesitation. I'm running Sky ICS 4.2F (based on the official Rogers rom), and it is running perfectly as far as I can tell. Don't know if I want to switch.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
OK guys.. noob here about to get a Skyrocket. If I understand correctly, all you guys are saying the ICS update, 4.0.4 is official and coming from Samsung, right? I already installed Kies on my laptop so when my phone comes, should I update it before setting it up or? Since this isn't an OTA update, I suspect the new phone will have 2.3.5 running instead.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I want to do this right and so far, I'm not that thrilled about the GS3 other than the camera and HD screen. Thanks.

This is indeed the official update (I think anything through Kies is official). I don't know if you necessarily need the latest version of Kies, but when I updated my gf's SGS4G awhile back, the instructions said I needed to be on the latest version. So, I'm gonna say maybe "yes", to be safe? Can someone else confirm?

BTW, welcome aboard, Jon. You're gonna love it.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

This is completely official, I've been running it for a couple hours and let me tell you it is smooth as butter (after a factory reset) for someone who was on gb so long I know it will take some time getting used to. But after first looks everything looks awesome I'm kind of in shock.

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
This is indeed the official update (I think anything through Kies is official). I don't know if you necessarily need the latest version of Kies, but when I updated my gf's SGS4G awhile back, the instructions said I needed to be on the latest version. So, I'm gonna say maybe "yes", to be safe? Can someone else confirm?

BTW, welcome aboard, Jon. You're gonna love it.

When I went to update and opened Kies it said a new version was available right away so I installed that. Once complete I plugged in my phone and it immediately recognized a firmware update was available.

cnarchet

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
i'm having some issues updating my skyrocket.. it finished downloading the update to the phone and told me to unplug and plug the device. once i did that, it moved to a screen saying:

"Android is upgrading... Upgrading media database..." and it's been on this screen for about 30 mins now; nothing has changed. is anyone having a similar problem?

dco50321

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm having some issues updating my skyrocket.. it finished downloading the update to the phone and told me to unplug and plug the device. once i did that, it moved to a screen saying:

"Android is upgrading... Upgrading media database..." and it's been on this screen for about 30 mins now; nothing has changed. is anyone having a similar problem?

I thought that was weird when I did mine. I just left it plugged in until in was fully rebooted and it worked fine. I would recommend doing that.

bnceo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just when i trade my Skyrocket for an iPhone 4s. Boooo! Oh well. Updating the gf's phone now. I plan to get a Skyrocket again (the white one I believe) soon as a backup phone.

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How were you able to capture the screen shot? Pressing the Power button and Home button together is not working for me after the upgrade.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Mine said the same thing. "Restart your device and unplug and reconnect cable" except in my case nothing happened so I just clicked OK and kies said I was on the latest firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000