I've used kies before im familure with it. I have attempted to root my device a couple times and was successful. But i tripped my flash counter so all i did was restore the back up i made before rooted. So that unroots me and puts me back to stock right? So now the ics update is here and whenever i plug in to kies it just says no firmware. Am i the only one? Could it take sometime for me to get it maybe? Help please. Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    07-10-2012 04:04 AM
    In cases like these, for updates, I would just go back to completely stock. Don't do it piece meal. Do a full on wipe and get the regular version back on somehow. It's the fastest and cleanest way to go about the update I believe.
    07-10-2012 06:48 AM
    I would if i had a step by step.

07-10-2012 06:49 AM
    I had to update to the most recent firmware before kies would recognize I was eligible for an upgrade. What version are you on now? Go into settings and see if you have an AT&T update available OTA (outside kies). If you do, download that first and then connect back with kies and see what you find.
    07-10-2012 07:19 AM
    Im on he newest firmware. Here look at this and see if im totally stock.

07-10-2012 07:24 AM
    I apoligize. You had posted that image in your first post and I ignored it. I now see that you are already on 2.3.6.

I guess you have checked to make sure kies has been updated to the latest version? When I first opened it up (it had been a month or so), it went through a pretty long update.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to do. You might try the instructions set here to restart the whole process of getting back to stock firmware. The stock tar (step #2) on this page is one version behind 2.3.6 (2.3.4 or 2.3.5?), so you'll need to upgrade back to 2.3.6 via OTA to get kies to kick in.
    07-10-2012 07:44 AM
    Yes i think that's what im going to do. I have rooted my device once but i restored my backup. Idk if when i restored it if it unrooted my device or not. I been posting this picture everywhere to see if anyone can tell if everything is stock on my device or not. But thanks for he response

07-10-2012 07:47 AM
    Yes i think that's what im going to do. I have rooted my device once but i restored my backup. Idk if when i restored it if it unrooted my device or not. I been posting this picture everywhere to see if anyone can tell if everything is stock on my device or not. But thanks for he response

Make sure your not rooted I was and kies was saying my device doesn't support firmware updates though kies so I used Odin flashed 2.3.5 then updated though kies and it worked great

07-10-2012 01:22 PM
    I wouldn't use the Tar from xda. I was having problems with that one I had to use the Tar file from Sammobile.com then click on firmware and then I searched for I727 and dowloaded that Tar file. It worked better for me and then automatically allowed me to download 2.3.6 OTA and then I plugged in to kies and then i was able to download the ICS through kies. Hope this helps following the instructions on xda worked exactly. good luck.
    07-10-2012 02:09 PM
    I'm fully stock at 2.3.6 and I connect fine to kies, no firmware or any updates for me.
    Is it a regional thing? or do I have to wait for a OTA?
    07-10-2012 05:53 PM
    I'm fully stock at 2.3.6 and I connect fine to kies, no firmware or any updates for me.
    I assume your kies is up to date?
    07-10-2012 05:54 PM
    I assume your kies is up to date?
    It is, I went and updated it from Play Store.
    07-10-2012 05:59 PM
    Have u ever rooted or flashed a different rom?

07-10-2012 06:07 PM
    Never rooted or flash on this skyrocket... just finished installing kies on pc, stuck on update, just get a box that says kies update, but doing nothing.... looks like it's frozen. Running win7 64 bit
    07-10-2012 06:18 PM
    Never rooted or flash on this skyrocket... just finished installing kies on pc, stuck on update, just get a box that says kies update, but doing nothing.... looks like it's frozen. Running win7 64 bit
    That sucks man I had problems getting kies installed on my win 7 64 bit, kies is a pos piece of software if u ask me I'd maybe try restarting your PC just to eliminate that possibility and mybe try reinstalling kies

07-10-2012 06:28 PM
    After several tries trying to update, seems kies is doing some update on my pc, cross fingers for more ^^
    07-10-2012 06:31 PM
    Sorry If i'm not quoting, but seems all links to reply, edit, etc.. are broken on chrome for me now.. hmm
    07-10-2012 06:34 PM
    Success, got it to update ^^ it's on the finishing touches for some yummy ICS
    07-10-2012 07:02 PM
    Success, got it to update ^^ it's on the finishing touches for some yummy ICS
    Very nice enjoy its tasty

07-10-2012 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD