I just updated and everything looks the same to me, I mean I thought that I would get new icons and all that jazz. On my GS2 I have go launcher running a ICS theme and it has different icons and I can add and change the ones on the bottom row. Can I do this with just plain ICS or am I going to need go launcher anyway?
    07-10-2012 01:31 PM
    Honestly, I didn't try customizing the stock launcher, I went straight to Apex Launcher and felt it was much smoother in the app drawer and looked more like stock ICS overall.
    07-10-2012 01:50 PM
    what is apex launcher? I think I still have the stock samsung stuff, not sure how to change that.
    07-10-2012 02:09 PM
    You can't customize the stock launcher unfortunately, it's still touchwiz 4... I threw Nova launcher on there, much nicer imo, and you can download themes if you like
    07-10-2012 02:11 PM
    Yeah as far as the look its the same. As far as features well its all ICS, which is what I really wanted. Swiping notifications. Data tracker. Better fonts and all that. I use Holo launcher its like nexus and lets me resize and all that on home screen. Lets me do a bit more. Ill have to try these other launchers out and see what I like more.
    07-10-2012 02:23 PM
    I have a razr maxx and after ICS, I was missing features too including bloatware. I did a factory reset last Friday and what a difference. Maybe you should consider the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    07-10-2012 02:27 PM
    what is apex launcher? I think I still have the stock samsung stuff, not sure how to change that.
    Its an alternate format for your home screen to work, layout, shortcuts and all that. You can download a home switcher and stwitch between the original and the one you choose...such as apex, holo (my own), go launcher and sooooo many more out there. Some work well some don't. Within these you will find those that allow for more customization and some are simple. You will choose the best or stay stock. Up to you but play around. You can find all at the play store. look around. Good luck.
    07-10-2012 02:29 PM