ICS Question: Customizable Apps Favorites Tray?

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I was most looking forward to with ICS was the ability to change the icons in the favorites tray at the bottom of every home screen, but when I updated my Skyrocket yesterday, I couldn't find any way to do it. :( I did find the feature listed in the original ICS features list:

"On smaller-screen devices, the home screen now includes a customizable favorites tray visible from all home screens. You can drag apps, shortcuts, folders, and other priority items in or out of the favorites tray for instant access from any home screen."

Did the Skyrocket not get it because of TouchWiz or is there a way to move/change the favorites icons that I just haven't found yet?

Thanks!

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Its been a while because ive been running CM9, but you have been able to on the skyrocket even since GB, open the app drawer and hit your menu button and there will be an option to change them somewhere in there. Sorry i cant give you exact instructions but you should be able to figure it out from there.

Reactions: MissMystikle

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
That totally worked!! Its App Drawer -> Menu Button -> Edit -> Drag and Drop the icons in the favorites tray the way you want them -> Hit the back button twice and the changes will save.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
That totally worked!! Its App Drawer -> Menu Button -> Edit -> Drag and Drop the icons in the favorites tray the way you want them -> Hit the back button twice and the changes will save.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

No problem, to be honest it took me a month or so to figure out how to do it also. I dont know why samsung makes simple stuff like that so hard when pure ICS is so easy to begin with.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah go to the more apps. then hit the menu button. then hold and drag the bottom app to the top and switch around as you would like. Brunnels is correct.
I lost the phone icon in my tray folder, it's not even on my apps. I had the icon in my apps before it disspeared, when i drug it it would not stay or it said it was full. It's not full. I did a hard reset but it didn't come back anywhere. Samsung said to do a hard reset, take the battery out & replace it, i did, still not there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49