07-16-2012 01:41 AM
36 12
tools
    So after my first full battery use after upgrading to ICS I only got 14 hours! And that's with moderate use, not heavy. Before on 2.3.6 I got at least 21 hours, sometimes 25 hours on moderate use. So hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 05:41 AM
    So after my first full battery use after upgrading to ICS I only got 14 hours! And that's with moderate use, not heavy. Before on 2.3.6 I got at least 21 hours, sometimes 25 hours on moderate use. So hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    That's about what I was getting as well when I had 2.3.6. Mine even went as long as 28-30 hours at times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 01:33 PM
    Is it possible that the battery life might increase after a few cycles... like maybe the OS is learning battery management all over again with the new firmware?
    07-12-2012 02:56 PM
    use Data enabler widget to turn on/off 4G

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....enabler&hl=en
    07-12-2012 07:32 PM
    Battery life has significantly deteriorated after the 4.0.4 upgrade. Its like 8-10 hours less than 2.3.6
    07-12-2012 07:37 PM
    anyway to go back to gingerbread?
    07-12-2012 07:39 PM
    So I went ahead and wiped my phone and just installed the few main apps that I use, tried to leave out social media and what not.

So far it seems to be doing much better in terms of smoothness. The little lags here and there are gone. I wonder how much of that was due to JuiceDefender.

I'm gonna give it a few days without JD and without any of the extraneous apps and just see how the battery life is. So far it doesn't really seem very different from GB. I think OP just got lucky or something.

Will report back after a few days have passed.
    Hey how you doing. When I did my factory reset it just wiped everything on phone not on SD card and it did not revert back to 2.3.6. I was on the leaked ICS 5 and I had to revert back to 2.3.5 then upgraded to 2.3.6. then i did the ICS upgrade through keis. My phone has been working well. the only thing that I have added is the holo launcher so I can adjust icons widgets and all that.

I would say dont use Juicedfender. I know people think that it's the best but I think it caused more problems for me than fixed. I just use the included task killer and thats about it. I try to keep my sync for email facebook and instagram at about an hour each and when ever im at home or work I just use wifi. I have noticed that it is using more juice when i am on hspa+. In my area where I live I do not have LTE.

I dont know if you know this but if you hold the home key down it will bring a list of opened apps. now I do not know if these are apps that are kept in the background but when ever I'm done using my phone I clear them all off. This could be the reason my battery life is so good.

Just need to keep trying and playing with the phone.

I do not know if wiping my phone completely except for the sd card made the difference but I am more than happy with my battery life. Im getting about 9.5 hours right now. with heavy to moderate use.
    Wozzi7 likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:51 PM
    anyway to go back to gingerbread?
    yeah you can probably do it if you use odin. Download the tar file 2.3.5 and then upgrade to 2.3.6. Thats what I had to do to get ICS in the first place. hahahaha. good luck.
    Ping1337 likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:58 PM
    My battery life seems pretty amazing after the update, too. Definitely better than 2.3.6. What's this deep sleep thing? I couldn't find much about it on Google
    07-13-2012 06:19 PM
    I would suggest from experience when I loaded the custom ICS rom (which I'm hesitant to leave because it's free of bloat) that it may take a few days to settle the battery in.

Check to see what is running as well. The only thing I have noticed is when I am in a week reception area that it kills my battery.
    07-15-2012 08:00 PM
    So I've been tracking my usage and battery life for a few days now and I've seen that even without Juice Defender enabled, I seem to be doing alright.

I almost never have "heavy usage" days to be honest so this may not be useful for everyone but so far I seem to be getting more than 15 - 16 hours of usage. I say "more than" because I never seem to run my phone down to the 20% mark (which Android recommends you don't do; also confirmed by literature on increasing the longevity of Li-Ion batteries). Started the day at 10 am and am writing this post at 2:30 am and still have 35% juice left.

I play a little bit of Temple Run. It's the only game I have downloaded.

I was on 3g for several hours because my mom's place is having WiFi problems.

I have lots of social media applications running:
    Facebook: Hourly polling
    Twitter: Hourling polling
    Instagram: Push notifications
    Foursquare: Push notifications
    Gmail: Push notifications

I have AutoSync running only on my main email account.

Uploaded several Instagram photos and ran into problems with the app force closing and freezing on my phone. So I uninstalled and had to re-download and install it.
    07-16-2012 01:41 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD