Skyrocket NFC on ICS

redrebel80

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to ICS on my Skyrocket, and tried to use NFC with another skyrocket. When I touched the two devices there was a sound and vibration but no transfer to the other phone. Am I doing something wrong??

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
you suppose to tap the screen on the content you want to transfer, when you bring both devices together the content (a webpage picture etc..) will shrink, you tap on it and it should be transfered right onto another device

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my Skyrocket for a few months but I have a suggestion. Have you checked if NFC is on? Go to Settings, under Wireless & Network click More, and ensure NFC and Android Beam are on. My understanding is it should work after that, if not, hopefully someone with more experience will chime in ;)

trumpetdude88

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
you suppose to tap the screen on the content you want to transfer, when you bring both devices together the content (a webpage picture etc..) will shrink, you tap on it and it should be transfered right onto another device

Is there a specific app you have to use to do this? When I try tapping the content nothing happens.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I brought this up on another thread, but has anyone tried to use virtual wallets (ex: Google Wallet, PayPass Wallet)?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Now do they have to have a samsung or just ics loaded on their phone?

any device (phone tablet computer underground/subway turnstiles, shopping centers etc. etc.) that are NFC enabled. for the phone I believe yes, it has to have an ICS or JB on it, the brand doesn't matter

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I brought this up on another thread, but has anyone tried to use virtual wallets (ex: Google Wallet, PayPass Wallet)?

google wallet will not work on this phone. due to ATT restrictions (it does work however on Galaxy Nexus on ATT network) idk about other wallets...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
google wallet will not work on this phone. due to ATT restrictions (it does work however on Galaxy Nexus on ATT network) idk about other wallets...

Ah...if I recall, ATT is supposed to bring out their own virtual wallet, so maybe they will have phones turned on to it then. Haven't heard any timetable though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

trumpetdude88

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong. Absolutely nothing happens when I try this. My wife has a note and they are both NFC enabled. Is there a specific process to follow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC