Hey there, I would like to have my phone be "up to date" and cool and everything, but this phone works flawless right now. If I update and have issues, can I go back to 2.3.6? If not, will at&t warranty my phone if this happens? I just hear of so many bugs with this update and would like to know my options upon doing this, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    07-11-2012 05:01 PM
    Once you upgrade from 2.3.x to 4.0.x, you cannot downgrade back unless you root and install a custom ROM on to your phone. As for the warranty, I'm not sure what they will do or can do if something happens to your phone.
    adanick2 likes this.
    07-11-2012 06:34 PM
    I don't see a reason in why att wouldn't cover warranty other than the fact that it is an android problem, not a phone problem. You should be able to flash with odin back to 2.3.x if you wanted to.
    adanick2 likes this.
    07-11-2012 07:37 PM
    It's a trap!

This update does not include all the new features that you'd expect from ICS, the new camera app for example.

It does include a whole bunch of new garbage apps. I now have a YellowPages thing at the top of my Contacts list that I can't get rid of..

For me, it broke a couple of things - GPS doesn't work, and I can no longer change the screen brightness by holding the notification bar.
    adanick2 likes this.
    07-12-2012 09:51 AM
    It's a trap!

This update does not include all the new features that you'd expect from ICS, the new camera app for example.

It does include a whole bunch of new garbage apps. I now have a YellowPages thing at the top of my Contacts list that I can't get rid of..

For me, it broke a couple of things - GPS doesn't work, and I can no longer change the screen brightness by holding the notification bar.
    Same here, I reverted back to GB 2.3.5 at least everything works fine there
    adanick2 likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:05 AM
    yes you can go back to gingerbread if you dont like ics you just have to download the stock tar file from xda or sammobile and flash it to your phone via odin.
    07-12-2012 11:25 PM
    Hell yeah you can go back. Don't know why everyone is having issues...this official build is just like UCLF5 and I didn't have any issues with GPS or any apps. I guess I'm one of the lucky few

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 11:34 PM
    Yeah I can't believe people are having GPS issues. Google maps works just fine and locks on to my location accurately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 12:34 AM
    i wish i didnt update. Theres no easier way to go back to gingerbread? Im not android savvy. Is there something i can go read to learn how to "flash" back to gingerbread?
    07-13-2012 02:32 AM
    youtube has alot of video's on how to flash, xda has step by step instrunctions as well as alot of other sites
    07-13-2012 08:32 AM
    i personally would rather root and rom my phone because ics on touchwiz is so modded by samsung you can't even tell your on ics most of the time. you don't even get half the features from the galaxy s3. on another side for those of you that want to stay stock if your haveing trouble with ics update problems most insurances will take it back and give you a new one after you have tried all there steps to fix it, such as factory reset, trying new battery out and other small things. if they don't work then most will send you a new handset especially if you take it into whatever store you got if from assuming you got it out of a brick and motor store and not like amazon.
    07-13-2012 08:37 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. I am really enjoying this phone just the way it is(recently installed go launcher:-) so things are gonna stay just the way they are, at least until they come out with a more stable update. If that ever happens!

07-13-2012 10:33 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I am really enjoying this phone just the way it is(recently installed go launcher:-) so things are gonna stay just the way they are, at least until they come out with a more stable update. If that ever happens!

Good choice.. I just got my phone a few days ago and immediately updated to ICS. I wish I had your patience.. ICS suprisingly enough works fine for me besides a few lag points and battery life goes down 1% a minute while in use.. but I want to give GB a chance since I barely even used it. downloading the TAR file as we speak.. sighhhh

Iphone 4 advertises a 300 hour standby time. I get like 16 lol
    07-14-2012 07:31 AM
    I did not update and am running the UCLF5 leak. I rooted the leak and have not had any problems with battery,gps,or anything else people have stated in this and other threads. Really happy I didn't update. In my opinion the leak seems to be working better than the official update.
    07-14-2012 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD