05-27-2013 09:20 PM
29 12
tools
    Good idea (checking data use). But, I'm still convinced something's amiss with the wifi radio. Even when i have requested it NOT scan for new networks, it does, every 2 or 3 seconds, and states "Scanning" at the top of the wifi page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 07:44 PM
    Good idea (checking data use). But, I'm still convinced something's amiss with the wifi radio. Even when i have requested it NOT scan for new networks, it does, every 2 or 3 seconds, and states "Scanning" at the top of the wifi page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    I dont know if this is helpful, but have you checked all the settings under Wifi > Advanced ?
    07-25-2012 09:53 AM
    What I believe it is, is that there is some 'push' setting on somewhere that I cannot find, so it's constantly hitting the cloud to look for calendar syncs or email or something...I thought I found the problem under Calendar settings. That seemed to stop the constant downloading. But I did a full reset of the device this morning, wiping out all my info, because this build was so horrible. A bunch of apps were slow to open, frame rate was terrible, and it makes me feel like this is a device with an underrated processor that can't handle simple apps.
    I have none of these problems. What I did was to actually reset the phone to factory specs before upgrading to ICS. This appears to have produced a very "clean" condition following the upgrade. The phone feels fine and responds fast and, if anything, it seems to have a better battery life.

As usual, a small percentage of users are expected to have problems upgrading. I wonder how many have upgraded so far, considering that this was not an OTA upgrade.
    08-02-2012 06:47 PM
    Just in case this helps anyone, if your native Mail app is responsible for your data usage skyrocketing to insane levels, I'd recommend taking a look at your downloaded images folder. If it's filled to the brim with duplicated images, your Mail app is probably downloading and re-downloading your email attachments. Just happened to me.
    05-27-2013 09:20 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD