chrome for default

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
When you are pulling up something that requires using a browser, there should be a pop up that will ask you to set Chrome or the stock browser as the default.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
and after that if I hit the default browser it will go to chrome so i wont need to manually open chrome anymore?

because I did that and it still opens the default and chrome serperately.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Strange...mine doesn't do that anymore. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i went ahead and removed chrome it wasnt doing it. But i am on 16 hours with 27% battery left. Though when i use the phone it goes down like 1% a minute. Also do you know how to take screen pics?

TheNDChief

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Screen shots are the same just hold the home button and lock button longer. It'll go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah pretty unfortunate. If i go to something that opens a web browser chrome comes up but if i just hit web the default web browser opens

Ping1337

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
unistall chrome restart phone reinstall it then open a website using the chrome browser should give you the option to set as default

did that about 3 times. it does give me the option and it does work when i open something that opens the internet. but my issue is that i have to open chrome to use chrome I cant use the stock web browser at the very bottom. it still opens the default web browser. im working on going back to GB.. days like this I wish I got an iphone and been done with it.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
did that about 3 times. it does give me the option and it does work when i open something that opens the internet. but my issue is that i have to open chrome to use chrome I cant use the stock web browser at the very bottom. it still opens the default web browser. im working on going back to GB.. days like this I wish I got an iphone and been done with it.

You know, you can change your apps at the bottom, including swapping the default for the Chrome.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
How can you change the apps at the bottom? I have a samsung galaxy SII. Please help.

From home page, click path is Applications>Menu (Edit)>Reorganize Icons (Switch). From there, you can move apps in and out of the bottom in whatever order you want, you can also do a drag and drop apps into folders, and you can even add a page. After you're done, hit the Menu button and Save, then you're set. You can also change the order of your icons in the Applications listing by hitting Menu and View type.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
From Home Screen:

<Menu Button> - Settings - Scroll down and tap "Applications"

Select "All" Tab (Rightmost tab)

Scroll down to Web and Tap on it

Scroll down and tap "Clear defaults"

The reason why Chrome isn't popping up is because you have already set the Stock browser as default. Once you clear the default it should once again give you a choice when a third-party browser is also installed, and you can then set Chrome as your default browser.

Happy to Help.

Jacob Holgate

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
From home page, click path is Applications>Menu (Edit)>Reorganize Icons (Switch). From there, you can move apps in and out of the bottom in whatever order you want, you can also do a drag and drop apps into folders, and you can even add a page. After you're done, hit the Menu button and Save, then you're set. You can also change the order of your icons in the Applications listing by hitting Menu and View type.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU I was having this same issue and the steps you described totally worked :Cool: