02-03-2013 11:27 AM
33 12
tools
    Hi all.

Is there a way to go back to Gingerbread from ICS on the Skyrocket? Unfortunately, all the apps I have played with experience a great deal of lag and frame rate issues. This is a disaster.

Please help me find out how I can go back to Gingerbread.
    Thanks.
    07-12-2012 10:40 AM
    Hi all.

Is there a way to go back to Gingerbread from ICS on the Skyrocket? Unfortunately, all the apps I have played with experience a great deal of lag and frame rate issues. This is a disaster.

Please help me find out how I can go back to Gingerbread.
    Thanks.
    [HOWTO]:RESTORE:ODIN stock firmware w/sammobile:ROGERS|ATT: GB|ICS UPDATED JULY/11 - xda-developers
    this is the direct link for the .tar file
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO]:RESTORE:ODIN stock firmware w/sammobile:ROGERS|ATT: GB|ICS UPDATED JULY/11
    read and follow the instructions to the latter and you'll be fine
    07-12-2012 10:43 AM
    Thanks! This worked like a charm. And i was a noob at this, so it was nice to see that you made it so easy for me with both links. Sincerely appreciative.
    07-13-2012 01:46 PM
    Thanks! This worked like a charm. And i was a noob at this, so it was nice to see that you made it so easy for me with both links. Sincerely appreciative.
    not a problem at all. I myself reverted back to 2.3.5 and using it now, at least everything works perfectly there, should suffice untill i get my Galaxy Nexus...
    07-13-2012 02:12 PM
    not a problem at all. I myself reverted back to 2.3.5 and using it now, at least everything works perfectly there, should suffice untill i get my Galaxy Nexus...
    Is the GPS working as it did before? I may revert back myself.
    07-13-2012 04:48 PM
    Is the GPS working as it did before? I may revert back myself.
    Yes the GPS works fine on GB. If you had no problems with it on GB then it should work again
    Red326 likes this.
    07-13-2012 05:15 PM
    Jesus looks complicated
    07-13-2012 08:29 PM
    How did you get the 2.3.5 gingerbread software back?did it cost you anything?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 09:48 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will revert back in the morning.
    07-13-2012 09:57 PM
    fuhhhhhhhhhhhhk

"the application google services framework and stopped unexpectedly... happens like 40 times and cannot load call to call anyone

Edit: did a factory reset and everything is smooth gb is 100x faster then ics
    07-14-2012 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the links, back on GB and all's back to normal again.
    07-15-2012 01:46 PM
    Hello. I am new to the forum. I just got my RAZR and loved it on GB. Now, on ICS, I cannot stress enough how much I dislike it. My signal strength at home went from 4-5 bars down to 1-2 bars. Battery life decreased. Phone is slower. Certain apps do not function as smooth, browser randomly shuts down, and the list goes on...

Razr on Gingerbread = goodness
    Razr on Ice Cream Sandwich = fail

I am a noob when it comes to rooting, bricking, and jacking phones. I dont even know if 'jacking' is a term or not. LOL. Does anyone have a step by step, ***** proof, explination for taking my Razr back to gingerbread?

Thanks, in advance, for any help. I really do appreciate your time.
    08-14-2012 11:16 AM
    Hello. I am new to the forum. I just got my RAZR and loved it on GB. Now, on ICS, I cannot stress enough how much I dislike it. My signal strength at home went from 4-5 bars down to 1-2 bars. Battery life decreased. Phone is slower. Certain apps do not function as smooth, browser randomly shuts down, and the list goes on...

Razr on Gingerbread = goodness
    Razr on Ice Cream Sandwich = fail

I am a noob when it comes to rooting, bricking, and jacking phones. I dont even know if 'jacking' is a term or not. LOL. Does anyone have a step by step, ***** proof, explination for taking my Razr back to gingerbread?

Thanks, in advance, for any help. I really do appreciate your time.
    You are in the wrong forum my friend... This is the one you need.http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-forums/
    08-14-2012 11:00 PM
    Worked amazingly! Thank you so much. Ics sucked!
    08-16-2012 04:38 PM
    Worked like a charm. Now me Skyrocket is the best phone ever again.
    09-08-2012 12:33 PM
    Yea, the ICS update is terrible. I'm already trying to get rid of my SR so I can get something else primarily because of this update.

Phone was great before the update, now I can't even stand it. Funny how Android is the only platform I've used where updating your phone is almost guaranteed to make it worse than what it was before the update.
    09-24-2012 07:57 AM
    Y'all need to just root my god how can you stand stock at all aosp is the way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-2012 11:00 AM
    Stock Android is probably the worst mobile OS I've ever used - yes that includes ICS/JB - so there's no way I'm going to root and use one of those crappy stock ROMs. I'm not under the poverty level if I wanted Stock Android I'd have just bought an Unlocked Galaxy Nexus and not had to worry about Rooting or ROMing anything (which shouldn't be necessary to get a decent user experience without major bugs that go unfixed for months to years on any mobile device in this day and age). I'm taking my device to an AT&T DSC later to get flashed back to 2.3.6/TW4 Stock and will likely try to sell it on CL and buy something else.

Stock Android is missing too much to be remotely usable to me, and I'm not a fan of installing a thousand market apps for stuff any OEM device can do for free without any download.
    09-24-2012 11:30 AM
    What are you talking about touchwiz has nothing that aosp can't do its just boated crapware and as for the poverty thing wtf do you think your implying check your attitude

09-24-2012 11:36 AM
    If you seriously think TW does nothing AOSP can't do then perhaps it's seriously been that long since you've eaten or drank anything. I will make a donation to Sumaritan's Purse on your bahalf.

For one, you cannot get Yahoo! Mail/Contacts/Calendar pushed to a Stock Android device without a third party application or forwarding (which requires Mail Plus in the US). TouchWiz can do that. AOSP cannot. You cannot get WLM or Y! Messenger pushed to your device on Stock Android without a third party application (and they certainly don't integrate into Contacts the way Social Hub IM does), yet TouchWiz can do that. Apart from synching rudimentary contact data (and Google+/Talk crap) the stock android contacts app is utterly provisioned off from your social networks and other profiles. TW does much better there than Google could ever dream to, it seems.

I'm not sure what you use your phone to do, but I use it to get real stuff done. I like to be productive. When you send/recieve over 5600 SMS a month on top of all the FB/Twitter/eMail communications you're getting you want something that's a bit more integrated than Google's fragmented-as-all-hell stock Android user experience.

No one I know uses Google+ or GTalk. I need something better. TW > Stock. Stock is useless to me, and many people agree else JB penetration would be incredible as they'd all be buying Nexus devices...

Stock Android is the least socially-connected OS on the market. Thanks but no thanks to the mile-long/wide share menus in my apps/gallery, and terrible battery life since I'm loading my phone up with tons of services to make up for deficiencies in the base OS service connections/support compared to TouchWiz. TouchWiz hasn't relaly been bloated since TW3.0, for the most part. You must be thinking about HTC Sense...

Stock just seems terrible to me, and quite useless for the way I like to do things. This is about the buggy ICS update and going back to GB, which I have already done on my phone (got AT&T to flash it back to 2.3.6), not about your fetish with a barebones OS image that many people here could care less about. I'm sure there is a forum or thread to tell people what they need to learn and what they should do with their devices, though.

Y'all need to just root my god how can you stand stock at all aosp is the way to go
    I think if you checked (as in: been aware of it, since I don't expect or want you to change anything) your attitude you'd be less surprised at the tone of the responses you recieve.
    09-24-2012 03:30 PM
    Give me an example don't spew crap back it up I'm waiting. And my god I can't believe I fight for your freedoms just so you can talk sh!t like you know me

09-24-2012 03:36 PM
    I already did a tour in the Navy, right I was on deployment standing MSS watch when we launched tomahawks on Baghdad. Let's not go there buddy.

I gave you an example.

Where is the integrated premium Social Hub in AOSP. Where is the DLNA client/server. Why such terrible CODEC Support? Bare camera app. USB and WiFi PIM synching. There is a bunch of stuff missing that TouchWiz adds. Why are you acting like you cannot read.

TouchWiz makes this phone almost as easy to use as an iOS device and gives it service integration almost on par with WP7.5. AOSP is just bare and requires to many third party apps to fail in comparison.

09-25-2012 07:23 AM
    How do you get to 2.3.6 from 2.3.5 if you downgrade. I don't want to be stuck on older software with bugs and exploits than I was on when I bought the phone...

Can you update in Kies to 2.3.6 and avoid ICS or what?
    09-27-2012 05:22 PM
    I already did a tour in the Navy, right I was on deployment standing MSS watch when we launched tomahawks on Baghdad. Let's not go there buddy.

I gave you an example.

Where is the integrated premium Social Hub in AOSP. Where is the DLNA client/server. Why such terrible CODEC Support? Bare camera app. USB and WiFi PIM synching. There is a bunch of stuff missing that TouchWiz adds. Why are you acting like you cannot read.

TouchWiz makes this phone almost as easy to use as an iOS device and gives it service integration almost on par with WP7.5. AOSP is just bare and requires to many third party apps to fail in comparison.

Angry much?

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 06:15 PM
    How do you get to 2.3.6 from 2.3.5 if you downgrade. I don't want to be stuck on older software with bugs and exploits than I was on when I bought the phone...

Can you update in Kies to 2.3.6 and avoid ICS or what?
    Read this thread- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1652398

It should have all the answers you require. Any questions- pm me

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 06:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD