To all who have not (or maybe have) upgraded the Skyrocket to ICS. For me, it's been a disaster. The upgrade appeared to go alright, but right afterwards, I noticed that all my screen customizations were gone. I rebuilt them. Then my exchange email was not notifying me when a message came in, and the messages were taking a very long time to arrive. I finally deleted the account and re-added it, and all seems to be OK. Neither of these problems are the end of the world, but very sloppy. But now I have more serious problems. The battery life is terrible, only about 50% of what I could get before. Typing in email, especially landscape is so laggy that I hate to send emails with it. In landscape, because of the larger top ribbon, I can't see much of the screen when I'm typing. The phone has crashed 3 times in the last 24 hours, saying that Bobsled can't continue. I never load Bobsled, and I'm going to take it off of my phone. But the bigger problem is, why is it loading at all? Finally, every time I go into my contacts from the phone app, it connects to AT&T for an update. It takes forever unless I cancel it. If I let it go through, it adds "Yeloow Pages" and all of the other bloat that AT&T wants in my contact list. I'm pretty disappointed, and my past experience with AT&T and Samsung is usually finger pointing and denial of a problem.

If you have not upgraded, I would not do so until someone posts that they have a good experience. I now hate my Skyrocket. Fortunately, I have an HTC International phone at home that I can switch to, but it's a shame I have to.
    07-12-2012 11:00 AM
    well usually after a major Android OS update a full system wipe is recommended. otherwise you may have lots of FCs and whatnot. as far as the ATT bloatware goes (yellow pages and sh($t) this is something inevitable on all carrier phones. I for one settled my mind with the Galaxy Nexus and now waiting for the tracking info from the google play store... hspa speeds are slow but that's OK, cannot afford to have so many software issues with my hardware-wise perfect phone...
    Edit
    you know you can always revert back to GB.... thats what I did....
    07-12-2012 11:09 AM
    I was of the understanding that you could not revert back to GB. Do you have any idea where I can find the instructions on how to do it? My Skyrocket has gone through 3 batteries today. The I/O is constant.
    07-12-2012 08:19 PM
    I was of the understanding that you could not revert back to GB. Do you have any idea where I can find the instructions on how to do it? My Skyrocket has gone through 3 batteries today. The I/O is constant.
    +1 for gingerbread return info
    07-12-2012 08:42 PM
    here you go my friend [HOWTO]: Restore To Stock | Odin | Root | Cwm |: Rogers & Att : Gb & Ics :July 11 - xda-developers
    carefully read and follow the instructions to the latter
    07-12-2012 09:22 PM
    All these "bugs" with the ICS rollout remind me of all the bugs I and many others experienced on the Inspire 4G when they rolled out Gingerbread for it. I have been fortunate enough to not experience any issues since updating to ICS. I hope anyone with problems gets them sorted out quickly! This phone was awesome on GB. Coupled with ICS, it's fantastic!
    07-14-2012 06:24 PM
    The first time I flashed ICS it wasn't a very good experience. I had all the normal problems that everyone is talking about. I got so frustrated with my SR, finally I just said the hell with it and did a complete wipe of the phone. I even wiped my 8 gig sd card that I carried over from when I had my HTC Inspire. I am so glad I did. My phone its running flawlessly. Everything nice and clean. I made sure I had all my important info backed up on computer and on Kies. I did the Kies trick to bypass having to go back to Gingerbread. It took my phone straight from UCLF5 to UCLF6(AT&T). LOVE IT! I think the trick to getting everything running optimally is doing complete wipes on phone and sd card. Before, I had so much stuff doubled up (ringtones, songs,mms tones, pictures) that half the time the tones I picked didn't even work. The complete wipes worked great and it was kinda fun rebuilding my phone back up the way I wanted it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-15-2012 01:43 AM
    Once I got kies to work i had no issues
    Took 3 cycles for the battery to get accurate
    Battery life may be a little bit worse,only 20% at the end of the day vs 30

Uses a ton of data though
    07-15-2012 03:49 PM
    I think I'm going to revert back to Gingerbread tonight. There is so much lag that it's driving me crazy.

Question: Should I do a factory reset before the downgrade? If not, what's the best way to prepare the phone? Thank you.

07-15-2012 05:11 PM
    I think I'm going to revert back to Gingerbread tonight. There is so much lag that it's driving me crazy.

Question: Should I do a factory reset before the downgrade? If not, what's the best way to prepare the phone? Thank you.

yes you definitely should. Did you try to do a factroy reset after updating to ICS though?
    07-15-2012 05:51 PM

Yes wipe it, I did mine this afternoon, back to running normal again .

sent from my spaceship
    07-15-2012 06:41 PM
    yes you definitely should. Did you try to do a factroy reset after updating to ICS though?
    I haven't tried that yet. Do you think I should?

07-15-2012 07:35 PM
    I haven't tried that yet. Do you think I should?

If you have lag and FCs then YES this is the first thing to try.
    07-15-2012 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD