*** att ics 4.04 bug report thread***

mdanderson

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to adjust contrast on the stock email preview screen of ics? My emails were fine with gingerbread but it is very hard to read with ics. The actual email looks fine when you pull it up but on the preview screen it is hard to read. The font color and background screen are almost the same color. Thanks.

droidguy15

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is terrible. I have 2 spare batteries thankfully, and are using them.

Lag, lag, and more lag. This reminds me of the Craptivate days.

Memory is using almost 680 MB. I'm not using live wallpaper or any widgets.

Swiftkey seems a little slower too.

Apps seem to crash more often. With Gingerbread, they hardly crashed.

Obviously, this release wasn't tested too well. I want gingerbread back!

Red326

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I really wonder if they will seriously let this stand for a long period of time. The sg3 has been getting minor OTA updates mostly for the wrong reasons **Apple crap **. I really doubt ics was tested at all, just loaded with bloat and put on a shelf.we should be given the options to roll back in the event of something going wrong.Seriously Frustrating!

Redchong

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Your obviously gonna be using more RAM because ICS uses enhanced visuals and smoother performance that's gonna use more RAM. But the other bugs described are actuall bugs that ATT needs to get on top of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

rakli67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the usual lag in keyboard, but also when I try to text to a contact, it is doubled. Not doubled on my contacts list, but only when I text. I have a contact that says "work" and "mobile" for the same person. Did not have this before the update. Any idea how to get it back to just 1 listing??

NMLNML

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Crappy battery life, dropped to 58% in 3 hours. Doing nothing special.
Stupid AT&T Address book splash screen when opening Contacts
Contacts crash
Battery life sucks
Get that "auto update time" message trying to open Contacts
Battery life bites
Using about 60% memory without restoring any apps or widgets, only running the bloatware
Tons of lag opening apps.
Did I mention the *y battery life?
Wi-Fi constantly uploading/downloading

I did a wipe this morning and now the Play store shows all my apps in the "Library" but not installed. Go figure. Keep your fingers crossed a quick update corrects it all. I was so looking forward to ICS. LOVE. Love, love it on my Transformer. HATE, Hate, hate it on the GS2S.

7/17 update:
Wi-Fi constantly "scanning," despite no selection to scan. Probably explains the constant upload/download
Even though I synced all calendars, including my Google calendar, most, but not all appointments/entries are being synced.

Last edited:

NMLNML

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone (land line) with AT&T and Samsung. Samsung admits there are issues, one of which is battery draw. They indicated they are 1) aware of the issues, 2) awaiting an update from Google and, 3) when received, will work with AT&T to get it out, most likely via OTA (over the air), ASAP.

Reactions: jsarino

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Am just experiencing amazing battery life after the update (I did factory reset after the update). I had to charge by 5pm earlier with GB 2.3.6. Now, I am still left with atleast 50% by 11pm. Its just outstanding. (I make sure I disable wifi when am out of office or home and disable BT when not in use). Try the app tasker, it can help you automate stuff on your phone. (You can download free trial from their website)

Krayzolon

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently unable to use my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. I've been able to since 2.3, but since updating it earlier today, I've been unable to access the settings menu. It keeps saying Settings and TwLauncher has stopped and reverts me to the home page upon reboot, even sometimes going so far as to restart my phone.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Well unplugged from charger at 7am, rebooted. A few emails 10-15 maybe, 7 phone calls avg of 5 minutes and the phone was dead by 12:30 noon. Luckily i carry spare batteries, but come on, i did not even used twitter/facebook or web!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Swagger23

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the skyrocket and the note just updated to ICS and now have issue with sd Card Gallery takes long time to open when I snap a picture, also on both devise if u go to setting , and application it says calculating apps , pic, on both USB storage and sd storage , I did a hard reset and nothing

Pitrich

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone (land line) with AT&T and Samsung. Samsung admits there are issues, one of which is battery draw. They indicated they are 1) aware of the issues, 2) awaiting an update from Google and, 3) when received, will work with AT&T to get it out, most likely via OTA (over the air), ASAP.
Thankyou for doing that ground work. I really hope the fix this issue soon also. I don't know how many skyrocket owners are out there but I hope enough for them to do something. I was so excited to get ics. what a let down. Did they hint about a time period on the fix. I have complained so much if I call again I can get an htc vivid. You think that's a good move or will they fix these issues?

NMLNML

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome, Pitrich. Samsung says they are at the mercy of Google. I doubt that is really true. Isn't Android "open source?" Why would Google have to issue an update to software Samsung has manipulated to run on their (and AT&T's) platform?

At any rate, I will give them a few more days, then decide what I want to do. In the mean time, I've installed "Screen Off and Lock" and "Auto Airplane Mode." Screen Off does the obvious (I have a handy icon on my home page to initiate it) and Auto Airplane Mode can be configured to shut down Wi-Fi when the phone is put to "sleep."

It flies in the face of having a smart phone, but, in my case, it's that or a dead battery.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was terrible until I factory reset.

I really think people should not be allowed to post about "bugs" until they reset their phone. It's pretty much common sense. NO, I didn't want to do it, but we all know how Samsung devices work. If you don't reset, expect issues.

My phone was draining 1% battery with the screen on and doing nothing on it every 1.5-2 minutes before I factory reset it. Yes, I could literally look at the screen and see it count down. It was that bad. Did a reset and everything is normal now.

I don't get any keyboard lag. Have SwiftKey, but using stock keyboard cause there's no reason for me to use SwiftKey at the moment (plus it thinks it knows too much and basically causes me to type slower :-( ).

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
:mad: Can I add that all of a sudden the wifi just stops working, out of the blue. No warning, no message no nothing! It takes about 2 reboots or me toggling on/off several times. Now I have to keep an eye on my phone to make sure it stays connected to wifi WTH!
For those wondering, yes I did a factory reset and cleared cache before and after the upgrade.

Alienjazz

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I updated to ics on my galaxy note and it sucked. Battery life you could watch desintigrate, low notification sounds, UI lag, missing features, forever boot time, decreased or up and down random signal changes. Really??? Tasty ics upgrade like all the reviews talked about???.....FAIL. Was so happy phone was going back the next day to best buy under my insurance. Bought new note. Keepin gingerbread which works amazing compared to that horror. When note 2 comes out, lookin foward to jellybean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze