10-24-2012 02:10 AM
71 123
tools
    @n8ter - After you did the factory reset, what did you do next? Do I have to reinstall ICS? Thanks,
    Nope. Once you update, the only way to go back from ICS is to root your phone and flash Gingerbread back onto it. It was ICS and it just came up like a new phone that came with the firmware pre-installed (installing bloatware and whatnot XD).

To the person with the Note above, not doing a factory reset before testing the update and sending it back is a bit naive. Even on WP7 I had to Factory Reset after the Mango update due to issues that popped up during the update, but disappeared after a reset (Push Notification issues, Lag, etc.). This stuff should be well-known by now :-P GB to ICS is a pretty major upgrade. Much moreso than Eclair to FroYo or FroYo to GB, IMO.
    07-21-2012 02:56 AM
    yeah its safe.. even usb storage is safe on factory reset. Read carefully it asks to format or not.
    Better to format it since data persists from old app installations which may be leading to issues. When I first updated I had services crashing everywhere until I cleared everything, format my internal SD Card (External is just media and documents media scanner scans it and I'm good) and factory reset the phone.

Everything went away, then.
    07-21-2012 02:59 AM
    Those of you that have experienced poor battery life and freezes, I think I found a solution. I noticed that after I used the voice command app or the voice talk app and closed it by using the back button, my battery would start to drop like a rock. It was as if the app was still running. The solution at first was rebooting the phone, but, then I realized that opening the multitask window by holding the home button and swiping to close out that app fixed the issue. It seems like they may have some bugs with the new multitasking that keep apps alive even if you "Close" them out by hitting the "Back" button. Never was a problem in GB. Hope this helps some of you.
    07-22-2012 01:20 PM
    Ever since ICS upgrade I've had problems opening up txt messages that say download. I push the download and it just hangs saying downloading. Is this a setting problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 11:23 AM
    so far....
    1.GPS wont connect without a restart and Nav just shuts down.
    2.Random freezes
    3.Wont give password option for new bluetooth devices
    4.Slow and jerky
    5.Battery life is not as good
    6.Signal strength is poor
    7.One time only....something hung up, phone got hot and ate most of the batterys charge, over an hour period.

Wish I would have never done it. Was ROCK SOLID before update.
    07-23-2012 12:03 PM
    1. GPS is not working at all at times , other times it will work but very slow.
    2. It will not work with my 2012 Ford F150 sync system (bluetooth problem) I have spent 9 hours and can get it to work right . Been on the phone with ATT and samsung wh no results , they don`t have any solutions. I wish I could just go back to gingerbread , it worked perfect for me.

If someone can help me with this please let me know. Did a soft rest and a full factory rest and no change at all. Should I try to reinstall ICS again?
    07-23-2012 02:21 PM
    I'm loving it, the only thing is that I don't get an sms text preview at the top of the screen on the lock screen. When the phone is unlocked I do get the preview. Anyone else have this bug? Thanks.
    07-23-2012 10:23 PM
    Dunno if this is a bug or not but, before with Gingerbread, whenever i download a picture from the net and i go to my albums, the newly downloaded stuff is always on top. After ICS, i have to go looking for it on my albums as it does not appear on top. Some do, some do not. This is very irritating especially if i downloaded a wallpaper and i have to scroll through all my pics just to find the one i just downloaded. I went and did a factory reset after ICS hoping this would solve it, but no dice. I can't seem to find a setting for it.
    07-23-2012 11:55 PM
    1. GPS is not working at all at times , other times it will work but very slow.
    2. It will not work with my 2012 Ford F150 sync system (bluetooth problem) I have spent 9 hours and can get it to work right . Been on the phone with ATT and samsung wh no results , they don`t have any solutions. I wish I could just go back to gingerbread , it worked perfect for me.

If someone can help me with this please let me know. Did a soft rest and a full factory rest and no change at all. Should I try to reinstall ICS again?
    I am having a similar problem with my Toyota Tacoma Entune system (Bluetooth) I have to repair the phone everytime I get in my truck
    07-24-2012 07:50 PM
    I've got ICS 4.0.4. Isn't fast battery drain normal when running on LTE? When I'm home I use wifi and battery drain isn't horrible.

07-24-2012 08:14 PM
    I've got ICS 4.0.4. Isn't fast battery drain normal when running on LTE? When I'm home I use wifi and battery drain isn't horrible.

Yes, it will drain a lot faster, however I was having issues with bluetooth, lag, and just intermittent signal loss to the point I wasn't even getting calls. Factory reset before and after the upgrade including wiping the cache.
    i reverted to the last leak and it is better than the official update. I tried going back to GB, but could not update to 2.3.6 since that is OTA and at&t pulled the update since they released ICS.

07-24-2012 08:27 PM
    Oddly I didn't notice any battery issues on LTE when I was in DC or Baltimore. In fact battery life was just fine. A little faster than HSPA+ but not exponentially so. And I was getting downloads up to 50mbps in DC.
    07-24-2012 09:46 PM
    **Update**
    Got CM9 Stable, so awesome! Only problem is that texts are split by 160 characters. No lag, keyboard is quick, and no Bluetooth problems at all!

My phone was fine initially after I wiped it and started fresh on stock ICS, but now I am having problems with Bluetooth. Whenever I disconnect my headset, my phone freezes and I have to restart it for it to work again. Very frustrating, I'm wondering if I should try CM9 :banghead:

07-28-2012 03:51 PM
    keyboard,battery,lag
    08-04-2012 01:19 AM
    Reception quality on my Skyrocket after going to ICS has gotten bad. And, I'm also noticing that the phone is getting hot. I'm thinking that I might be ready to get off the Sky and try the G3. However, I might try and see if the Att repair place might have the rom so I can get a clean install of ICS>
    08-07-2012 05:59 AM
    ALL OF THE ABOVE! I switched back to 2.3.6 last night and have my phone back, it will take a couple of cycles for the battery to catch up with the downgrade.

Since downgrading, nothing has locked up, my weather and news apps are using the GPS, GPS lock time is SECONDS in a building, now I just have to get my WiFi passwords in and I am done.

What a POS that upgrade was, if ICS was better then my current GB, I want to know where? Everywhere I go, people are complaining about it, AT&T has their service centers reinstalling GB for non techies. Now I hear Samsung is blaming it on Google? Sorry guys you build the hardware drivers for the OS! The only thing I am missing is Blue Tooth voice dialing which any 1990's phone can do, but Samsung can't.

My wife is a Deputy in LA, glad she chose to stick with 2.3.6, major officer safety issue not having a working phone.......

Stupid corporate games! Tired of them! Went down and looked at a blackberry 9900, BBOS 7= BBOS4........

For those of you that got bit like me, there is an easy to follow thread at XDA, it will have you back to 2.3.6 in 10 minutes, but make sure you do a FACTORY device reset to loose all the buggy GB stuff still in the phone, that and a couple of battery pulls after re-installing my apps has me at 100%. I did not realize how bad ICS was until I went back to GB!
    08-07-2012 11:39 AM
    I just downgraded back to Gingerbread. I am so happy! :-)

ICS was absolutely horrible. It's nice to have my phone back to normal. No more lag!

08-09-2012 11:21 AM
    After using it a while don't notice anything. I'm staying on ICS. The improved Google Apps and Swipable Notification bar alone is enough for me to stay there, IMO.
    08-09-2012 03:13 PM
    Hi:

Running SAMSUNG-SGH-I727. Since going to ICS 4.0.4 not able to edit any calendar enter entered since the update was installed. All you get on the I727 are delete & send tabs. No edit tab.

Stop blaming Google Samsung. Very poor quality control on both AT&T & Samsung's part.

I use my phone for work. Time to look for another hardware vendor & carrier. This is garbage.
    08-21-2012 06:58 PM
    Thank you all for your input on this thread, I really hope this thread gets somebody's attention. I broke my phone last week and had it replaced under my insurance plan. I received my replacement yesterday with ICS already loaded on it, I though oh no! After putting the device through its paces I have found fewer problems than my first device. My first SR was almost a year old. I far lve had less problems. The GPS still gets a slow lock with Google location services on so I've turned it off what a difference! So far a much better experience.
    08-22-2012 04:29 PM
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because I've recently been getting apps freezing and the like. So, when I clear and move any important files (documents, images/videos, music, etc.) off the internal SD, I can then format it prior to the factory reset? Is there anything else I should move prior to doing this? Thanks in advance!
    10-24-2012 02:10 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD