We totally need to give AT&T and Samsung a piece of our minds. As far as I am concerned, the ICS update is total garbage. We are all facing many problems such as app and typing lag, my browser keeps on force closing, my screen has blacked out for 10 seconds for no apparent reason. My phone actually shut its network connection off and it took a good minute to get going again. I can go on and on. ICS really made this phone horrible. We need to voice our concerns so another hopefully good update gets released to fix our problems...
    07-13-2012 09:21 AM
    I doubt this will change anything, AT&T is concentrating on newer latest models right now thats where their profit comes from (signing up people for a two year contract with new hot devies) So I dont think they will take their effort to rewrite this ROM, not in a short period of time anyway.... what's even more sad that a few month later happy owners of GS3 may suffer the same fate. it's just a certain business model all these carriers have in common.
    07-13-2012 11:51 AM
    And SamDung is reported record earnings and could care less about our issues. I honestly believe they've gotten too big for their own good...I came across some links by mistake about SamDung's mistreatment and damgerous working conditions via Google and was shocked!!! I felt really good about my choice when I bought my SR, but I just don't have that fuzzy feeling anymore. Keep in mind, I bought the SamDung 8.1 tablet at the same time as well. Not much I can do though, stuck for 2 years.

I am as anti-Apple as anyone and wouldn't buy a bucket of water from them if my foot was on fire, so they're out of the question. Definitletely gonna put more thought into my purchase next time...I just wanted the newest and best device at the time and was told this was it, hands down. Oh well, I have over a year and half before my next upgrade. Who knows what will be available by then.
    07-13-2012 10:58 PM
    my Galaxy Nexus arrived today. Jelly Bean is awesome on it and all those features i couldnt have on SR are there, (well except for the LTE) put my SR up for sale already...
    Superman4060 likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:13 PM
    Well I did a live chat with Samsung on my phone last night. Just go to Samsung.Com after chatting for about an hour will all of or issues, the tech said he was going to forward my concerns to the next higher level. I told him the phone was great, but after ICS upgrade it is terrible. They will tell you to do a reset, but I told him I did many times with no luck. I made a point that their programming is flawed with the update that its just not my phone with these problems after they wanted to prepay postal to mail my phone in. I really hope they get this squared away....
    07-14-2012 08:31 AM
    Well I did a live chat with Samsung on my phone last night. Just go to Samsung.Com after chatting for about an hour will all of or issues, the tech said he was going to forward my concerns to the next higher level. I told him the phone was great, but after ICS upgrade it is terrible. They will tell you to do a reset, but I told him I did many times with no luck. I made a point that their programming is flawed with the update that its just not my phone with these problems after they wanted to prepay postal to mail my phone in. I really hope they get this squared away....
    I just went ahead and went back to GB way better
    07-14-2012 08:39 AM
    The Samsung and AT&T tech support will tell you the standard, general things like reset you phone or pull the battery or in better case offer you a warranty exchange. You will find a lot more useful and constructive information from the forums by digging the internet yourself. I never call tech support if I have a software related issues. Most of these guys there don't even have a technical background believe it or not. These are just call centers and they have all possible standard answers in the manuals on their monitors... People who actually write the software are not reachable and all you can do at this point really is go back to the GB which isn't that hard to do and works perfectly fine
    07-14-2012 10:10 AM
    I installed the 4.0.3 version on my Skyrocket (original leaked ICS) and it works great.
    Saw the issues folks are having with 4.04 and glad I did not update.
    07-26-2012 04:02 PM
    Yeah when I first upgraded to ICS it was working flawlesly. Now I dont know what the F is going on. Over the last couple of days I have seen some incredible lag. I have seen my phone do the black out thing, where its running it freezes up and then just blacks out. It's like its trying to catch up. I check the RAM usage and it isn't using all of its capability. I have also noticed that it is running hotter. So something has to be going on with the manor that the RAM is being managed to other apps. Now smoothness will increase RAM usage but not to the point where we see these lagging problems. I'm having other issues but this has mostly been going on over the last 4 or 5 days. So I do not know what is going on. Oh and I've had to do full factory reset on my phone to get it going for a day or so before it feels like its crashing.
    gugicentral likes this.
    07-26-2012 08:11 PM
    my Galaxy Nexus arrived today. Jelly Bean is awesome on it and all those features i couldnt have on SR are there, (well except for the LTE) put my SR up for sale already...
    How much and where did you buy the Nexus phone?
    07-26-2012 08:13 PM
    How much and where did you buy the Nexus phone?
    You bug it through the Google play store. https://play.google.com/store/device...orpus_selector
    07-27-2012 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD