No ICS update available on KIES (SKYROCKET) NEED CLEAR SOLUTION

jayjay506

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
AT&T IS OF NO HELP!

I have never rooted or flashed my skyrocket since I got it, in December, but when I check via wifi it says available but server is busy and i was told to download kies and do it via kies. There is no update showing up on Kies, I was told to make sure 'debugging' is checked, which i did, didnt work, told to uninstall and reinstall kies and did that as advised like three times already and it says 'no update available' for kies... (each time) yet no firmware upgrade offered. I've spoken to tech chat at samsung like 5 times and nothing, they say that it's busy and that i should try later... but forums show that they've been giving that excuse to people for an entire month now, but other ppl are getting their ICS update so someone... I've disabled the firewall and tried, closed and re-opened, reinstalled and re-opened, and nothing.

It simply doesnt show any update- it doesn't offer it up at all, and i've clicked 'auto' on the firmware upgrade options and if/when i click on firmware upgrade and initialising, it says SGH-I727 does not support it... i just want a solution once and for all.

PLEASE HELP!

lithprintr

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: No ICS update available on KIES (SKYROCKET) NEED CLEAR SOLUTI

Go to Sammobile.com, firmware, and enter your model number (SGH-I727). You can download the update from there. You have to create an account to download.
Or you can wait.

jayjay506

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, it finally showed up and is updated.... I'm happy about that and it's really cool but seems like wifi is LESS receptive???? MUCH LESS, places I used to use wifi w/o problems have not connected but are so low it does not work.

pamit73

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Well, it finally showed up and is updated.... I'm happy about that and it's really cool but seems like wifi is LESS receptive???? MUCH LESS, places I used to use wifi w/o problems have not connected but are so low it does not work.

I have the exact same issue. never rooted or flashed. running all current versions of Kies and drivers. No ICS upgrade being offered. Right clicking on SGH-I727 has the firmware upgrade greyed out. How did you get yours to update.

Anyone else having this issue and any solutions. I do not want to flash the sammobile rom and wipe out everything.

stephepoo

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

yes, when i go to Kies, it tells me my device doesn't support firmware upgrade via Kies. but also, when i go to software update on my phone, it tells me there is an update, downloads it, starts to install and stops at 25% telling me the install was interrupted! AT&T was NO help at all. they told me to call Samsung. i don't know what else to do!!
someone please help!

jgori

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

ICS update is not an "over the air" update. So trying to update directly from your phone is not going to update you to ICS. It's probably an update to gingerbread. To my knowledge the only way to upgrade to ICS is via your PC and Samsung Keis. ATT support should have told you that and helped you with that process....

dalerenee

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm having a similar problem. Connect phone to PC. Kies says update is available. When I start download Kies goes from showing my phone as connected to "Connect a device". Download completes and upload begins. It's painfully slow. After about 25% complete, software disconnects. Samsung said that I need a "Samsung cable" and that the one that came in the box with my phone is not a "Samsung cable". I called AT & T - They said that's ridiculous. The problem is Samsung's servers are overloaded and to try early in the morning.

jgori

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Darlenee- Not sure if you've rebooted your computer and had all programs closed (with the exception of Kies) before starting the upgrade. Definitely do that first if you haven't..... Start Kies and then connect your phone in that order. If you are using the cable that came with the phone then you should have no issues. I just did the upgrade 2 days ago and it got done with no problems. You will notice however that the phone actually acts a lot worse than before... it'll freeze and some apps/features just won't work (like mobile hotspot, etc). You will have to backup your data via Kies, rest your phone to factory defaults and then restore your data. You will have to then go back and download/install all your apps again from google play. Once you do this you should see a huge improvement. My phone has not frozen even once since then and all the features/apps work flawlessly. The battery seems to be lasting a bit longer..... but the jury is still out on that. Good luck!

rkenny93

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

i have an sII lte on bell and when i plug my phone into kies it says there is no update and when i try to update from the settings on my phone it says there is no update. my phone isnt rooted and if any one knows how/whats going on please let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463