08-12-2012 09:44 PM
36 12
tools
    i think kies just doesnt work with vista i been tryn update since it was available no louck now i think i noe what im doing is not fist time rooting or updating my phone i pretty much tried everyting i did research downloaded all kinds diffrent kies versions nothing kinda stupid for samsung put program out dont work with vista....
    07-23-2012 12:55 PM
    If your problem is with Kies, there was a previous thread about this... I had a problem with Kies and Vista. You need the latest verision of Kies to update to ICS, but Kies had problems updating on my computer - it just wouldn't do it...

My solution was to 1. uninstall Kies using their tool, 2. delete aplication data from user profiles, 3. wipe Kies related registry keys using cclean, 4. re-boot, 5. re-install Kies with a newly downloaded .exe file.
    07-23-2012 04:03 PM
    I finally got the update on my phone. Just remember when you get done with the update to restore your phone to factory settings and the upgrade wll be on there. Seems like th battery life is better and theres more features.
    07-24-2012 07:54 AM
    what did u do because i think we were haven the same problems if u can help really apreciate it...
    07-25-2012 03:10 AM
    If your problem is with Kies, there was a previous thread about this... I had a problem with Kies and Vista. You need the latest verision of Kies to update to ICS, but Kies had problems updating on my computer - it just wouldn't do it...

My solution was to 1. uninstall Kies using their tool, 2. delete aplication data from user profiles, 3. wipe Kies related registry keys using cclean, 4. re-boot, 5. re-install Kies with a newly downloaded .exe file.
    i just did all that no hope soon as update starts like first part it just disconects by itself im bout literaly break my goddam phone ive never had issues rooting or updating prvious android phone or i phones im just lost right bout now.....
    07-25-2012 04:04 AM
    Finally got around to attempting the upgrade using the suggestion to extend the screen timeout and this didn't work either.

When I logged into Keis it said there was an update available (I believe it was to the .10 version, though I'm not sure). I wasn't able to update directly, so I had to uninstall Keis and install it new from the Samsung Website.

Then when attempting the download (after changing my screen timeout) I couldn't even make it through the first part of the download (OS download to the computer via Keis). It made it to 99% at one point, and around 50-60% a few other times, but each time it gave me the same error (error downloading, try again).

Again, I am using the USB that came with the phone (that plugs into the wall charger).

Is it possible that it's my computer? I'm running Windows 7.
    07-25-2012 03:27 PM
    To get mine to work I had to enable USB storage mode on the phone after plugging it in. It's the same notification you get when you plug the phone into a computer using the supplied cable.
    07-25-2012 03:47 PM
    yea well my problem is when ur going through instalation process it like gets stuck at 70% when extacting binary files im going nuts wit this kies progrramn i did about everything
    08-01-2012 03:48 PM
    okay idk what changed i didnt do anything diffrent but i think is going through this time ima have me a ice cream update finally
    08-01-2012 04:57 PM
    I attempted the update on my wife's Mac and it went quick, no issues. Phone doesnt seem to need to be factory reset either, which is a nice surprise (batt life seems normal).

Not sure what the deal is with Keis and my computer, though I have been reading people witn Win 7 (64 bit) have issues with Keis.
    08-12-2012 07:45 PM
    I just got Samsung Skyrocket. I've been trying to update it for 5 days now. First I downloaded the Keis on my pc. When I hook my phone up it says it connected and it'll start to update then it looses connection and it won't do anything. I tried to download new usb driver that didn't work. Can somebody please help me???
    Don't do it. Stay on Gingerbread. ICS IS HORRIBLE for the Skyrocket. I upgraded and it lasted for 3 weeks until I couldn't take it anymore. Read the forum about ics problems with the Skyrocket. There are too many problems to list. Just remember LAG, LAG, AND HORRIBLE battery life. I don't want you to make the same mistake I made.
    08-12-2012 09:44 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD