Please help with ice cream sandwich update!!!

liljentex555

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got Samsung Skyrocket. I've been trying to update it for 5 days now. First I downloaded the Keis on my pc. When I hook my phone up it says it connected and it'll start to update then it looses connection and it won't do anything. I tried to download new usb driver that didn't work. Can somebody please help me???

Last edited:

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got Samsung Skyrocket. I've been trying to update it for 5 days now. First I downloaded the Keis on my pc. When I hook my phone up it says it connected and it'll start to update then it looses connection and it won't do anything. I tried to download new usb driver that didn't work. Can somebody please help me???

What USB cable are u using is it the stock one that came with the phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

boundbymusic

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help with I.C.S upgrade

I'm actually having the same issue. It will begin the OS download on the computer and get to 100% (though sometimes it will say error downloading and I would have to start again), then when it says it is going to begin the actual installation it never gets past 2% and a pop-up comes through saying the operation timed out.

I am using the USB from the box (the one that plugs into the wall charger).

Although I'm a bit hesitant to go through with the install after hearing all of the issues I'm still going to give it a shot and hope I'm one of the few that don't have problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

sager27

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help with I.O.S upgrade

im having smae problem with my computer i have windows vista soon as update process continues it disconects itself i prrtty much gave up on ics update i tried uninstalling it all kinds things none of them work .... >.<

liljentex555

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help with I.C.S upgrade

I'm actually having the same issue. It will begin the OS download on the computer and get to 100% (though sometimes it will say error downloading and I would have to start again), then when it says it is going to begin the actual installation it never gets past 2% and a pop-up comes through saying the operation timed out.

I am using the USB from the box (the one that plugs into the wall charger).

Although I'm a bit hesitant to go through with the install after hearing all of the issues I'm still going to give it a shot and hope I'm one of the few that don't have problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thats exactly what is happening with me. I called Samsung and they said that there is so many people that are trying to update their phones the system is overloaded and to give it a couple days. They told me that a week ago and its still not working right. I've ben trying for over a week now.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys on stock GB? Because if not then this could be a reason why you can't update I used kies to update to ICS at least 5 times and it worked just fine. I did revert back to stock GB prior updating both phones using sammobile .tar file with Odin though. And that was over two weeks ago...

liljentex555

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys on stock GB? Because if not then this could be a reason why you can't update I used kies to update to ICS at least 5 times and it worked just fine. I did revert back to stock GB prior updating both phones using sammobile .tar file with Odin though. And that was over two weeks ago...

What do you mean?

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
For me, I had to keep my phone from going to the lockscreen. Anytime it locked, it dropped my update from going through. Turn your screen timeout to like 5 minutes or never. It's worth a shot

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek