What ICS features do you like?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Post up what ICS features you find that you like since the upgrade. :)

For me, the ability to pull up recent activity by pressing the Home button and keeping it pressed for a couple of seconds. A quick view of recent apps or sites will display with a Task Manager button on the bottom. You can swipe to turn off the apps that you've used, or press them to open it up where you last left off.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2

skigoddess

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Post up what ICS features you find that you like since the upgrade. :)

For me, the ability to pull up recent activity by pressing the Home button and keeping it pressed for a couple of seconds. A quick view of recent apps or sites will display with a Task Manager button on the bottom. You can swipe to turn off the apps that you've used, or press them to open it up where you last left off.

One of my favorite features too. I've been using that on my gingerbread tablet and love it.

Another feature I like is how the browser actually keeps my last visited pages up and I can scroll to them easily. For some reason before the update it would never keep a history of them and I always had only the one window open. This is a lot easier and works as it should.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Wifi gets connected a bit from longer ranges than with GB. Also, my phone seems to be getting better every day with battery. Never have to charge again during the day. GPS is more accurate and BT work flawless with multiple devices.
Apex launcher is pretty good. In developer options I changed, Transition animations scale to 5x and now really like the screen transitions. (It may be bit slow for some folks). Pretty happy with this ICS update :)

Reactions: jsarino

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Then no use for you to post that.

The notification pulldown on lock screen is probably my favorite feature, as well as the ability to swipe away specific notifications without having to clear all of them.

The revamped contacts app I like. The email app got some nice changes. The phone does perform better. Data stuff in Settings is nice. Ability to disable some bloatware that was previously not uninstallable is nice. Some of the resizable stock widgets are decent.

The new browser is wonderful.

A side product of ICS is the updated Google Apps (YouTube, GMail, etc.). They are really nice.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I like I can now use a Holo Launcher and Lockscreen, makes my phone feel more like a Nexus device. The way it saves my pages in the browser is awesome too! :D

Reactions: jsarino

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Wifi gets connected a bit from longer ranges than with GB. Also, my phone seems to be getting better every day with battery. Never have to charge again during the day. GPS is more accurate and BT work flawless with multiple devices.
Apex launcher is pretty good. In developer options I changed, Transition animations scale to 5x and now really like the screen transitions. (It may be bit slow for some folks). Pretty happy with this ICS update :)

I agree...I feel like battery life (which is back to the same life pre-ICS), battery life indicators, transitions, applications, NFC, reading notifications while in lock screen, having Chrome are all great things to see so far.

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 ICS tablets and 1 ICS phone. I upgraded the phone from Froyo, one tablet from Honeycomb, and one tablet already came with 4.03, but has since been upgraded to 4.04. I can play lots more video types with the native video player. I used to have to convert movies to mp4, but not, between the native player, and the Rock player, I can play most anything.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The lack of ICS folders is simply insulting from Samsung, TBQH. Sense 3.6 on the Vivid took a better approach to integrating ICS features than TW 4.0 on ICS, but the phone does perform really well.

Yes, the stock ICS browser on the Skyrocket is very nice. Probably the smoothest stock browser I've ever experienced on a phone.

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
The lack of ICS folders is simply insulting from Samsung, TBQH. Sense 3.6 on the Vivid took a better approach to integrating ICS features than TW 4.0 on ICS, but the phone does perform really well.

Yes, the stock ICS browser on the Skyrocket is very nice. Probably the smoothest stock browser I've ever experienced on a phone.

I agree, the browser is much better, but I still prefer using Chrome majority of the time (until I hit a flash video :p)

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Flash installed :) On all my phones that had it preinstalled I had it disabled, anyways. Don't see a reason to use it on a phone. It's a waste of battery when you do, anyways.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure easter eggs can be found in every version of android, but if you go into settings, about phone, and repeatedly tap where it displays 4.04 an ICS logo will pop up. If you long press that logo little ice cream Lloyds will fly all over your screen. I did not see it posted already and, being kinda random this seemed like the thread to post in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gzbsds and jsarino

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know updates get this Easter egg too...cool!

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I cannot pull down the notification window on the lock screen. Also, I don't seem to get sms text previews at the top of the screen when I am on the lock screen. Anyone else.....is it just me?

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I cannot pull down the notification window on the lock screen. Also, I don't seem to get sms text previews at the top of the screen when I am on the lock screen. Anyone else.....is it just me?

Nevermind......I just realized that both started happening when I enabled a security PIN on my lock screen. Apparantly, these are diabled when you set a password for your lock screen.

skigoddess

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Just discovered that you can swipe away unwanted notifications and leave the ones you really need. How cool is that!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech