I have this unlocked Samsung galaxy S2 skyrocket i727 ICS 4.0.4 Stock updated via Kies (baseband version I727UCLF6), It is rooted and have ClockworkMod TOUCH 5.5.0.4 on it too.

Then I put my T-Mobile SIM on it and i got 2G speed (edge)

So i done some searching and i found that i have to flash a t-mobile radio on it in order to operate at a full speed.

I have flashed to this radio Blaze_4G_LB7_ICS.zip then I COULDN'T GET ANY SIGNAL ANYMORE THEN I FLASHED TO THIS radio (to put it back to ATT Radio) I UCLF6 Radio with correct csc ALSO NO SIGNAL

I got no signal sign on the top right

When i click on Mobile Networks, i got Insert SIM card to access network services

and here is the info i got when i click on about

Build Number: IMM76D.UCLF6

PLEASE CAN I ANYONE HELP ME, DID I BRICK MY PHONE???
    07-20-2012 07:01 PM
    "Blaze_4G"

Is this not a problem?

Seems pretty obvious.

Isn't the Blaze 4G a completely different phone. I think a T-Mobile phone in which case it probably has a completely different cell radio?

Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G T769 - Full phone specifications

That would explain the no signal issue. Pretty sure you have loaded your phone up with a radio firmware that is almost wholly incompatible with the Skyrocket.

But I may be wrong...

P.S. You can't get anything better than Edge with a normal GSM phone on T-Mobile. That is why current iPhones only get EDGE (2G on T-Mobile, as well as most AT&T phones). T-Mobile is GSM, but they use AWS bands for their 3G and normally non-AWS phones only have ONE of T-Mobile's bands (which causes the phone to revert to 2G, cause IIRC they use one band for the uplink and one for the downlink and the phone will downgrade the connection if both aren't there).

Flashing a T-Mobile radio in an AT&T phone does nothing but cause you to not get a signal 98.6% of the time. Whoever told you this info, lied to you.

Skyrocket Radio Bands:
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

Blaze 4G Radio Bands:
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100

The Skyrocket is missing the 1700 AWS band that T-Mobile devices need for 3G on that network. You won't get 3G there unless they have refarmed the PCS in your market, no matter what radio software you break your phone with... Why you were able to get 2G is pretty clear. GSM devices use standardized GSM bands for EDGE access (as do all world phones, like those from Sprint and Verizon).

You probably did something wrong when you tried to go back to AT&T radio. I suggest starting from scratch and installing the official ICS update for Skyrocket, and dealing with the 2G speeds. It's almost not worth taking a non-T-Mobile phone (that isn't an iPhone) to T-Mobile since in many cases they have a comparable model on their own network anyways (like their own GS2 variant which is almost, but not quite, identical to the Skyrocket - for the most part).
    07-21-2012 03:17 AM
    Totally agree on above post. Flash back to stock and sell it to an att user or just use on 2g network...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD