editing new calendar events on skyrocket with ICS

droidkingIII

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
has anyone noticed that the edit button is missing on new calendar events entered on the skyrocket after ICS is installed. I can still edit events on older calendar events but not new ones.
I called Samsung and they can't figure it out.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Did I respond to you about this in a different post? Or was that someone else. :p

When you short press the event, you don't get a dialogue that pops up with edit and delete options? A trash can and a pencil? At least that is what it is on my Prime.

droidkingIII

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
No that is not my problem, I want to edit a calendar event that was entered after I upgraded to ICS. When I try, there is no edit button, only, delete, or share via.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The pencil indicates edit. On my Prime, when I short press an event, a dialogue pops up with an option to delete or edit (along with some additional information) and the way to edit is a pencil image at the upper right hand corner of the dialogue.

gazingatmars

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue as well! I do not sync with any other calendar. All of my calendar entries are entered using my phone. Since the firmware upgrade last week, The edit button is gone from ALL of my calendar entries. This is a substantial issue for me. Droid network needs to get this fixed right away!!!

HEELLLLPPPPP! I am normally a Droid-lover, but this is starting to get under my skin. Where else should I go to report this issue and hunt down the fix???

Kristen :( :'( :-\ :mad:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100M
Current Firmware version LD3

jgori

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it for my calendar events and there is an edit option for the calendar events that I created but NOT on the ones that were created by others where I am one of the "invited". This makes sense to me - only the person creating the calendar event should be able to edit it. If you are not seeing the edit option for the events that you created then there is an issue! Did you completely factory reset your phone after the ICS update? If not, then this could be one of the symptoms of not resetting. Just a thought.

coffeejunkie

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II i777 from AT&T and have installed ICS 4.0.3. Just found out how to edit a calendar event.

1. Open the calendar event
2. Press the Menu botton (pardon me if I didn't name it correctly, but it's the etched icon to the left of the home icon) and a pop-up menu of 3 commands: Edit, Delete and Send via shows up. Pressing the Edit command takes you into edit mode.

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Evening:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I727 from AT&T and have installed ICS 4.0.4.

No edit button at all. Just delete & send.

Very poor quality controls being shown by both Sansung & AT&T to let this bug slide by.

This was my 1st & will be my last Samsung phone. How could they miss this one & the no voice dialing.

If anyone hears or reads of a fix for the calendar issue, please let us know.

Spring.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you have an event selected (like, in the event, not on main calendar), does a fourth button appear next to home at the bottom? Looks like three or four horizontal lines on my Prime. If you hit that what happens? Settings? Or a context menu?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome