Battery Life?

Prelover115

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Since I've updated to ics, my battery life has been awful. I've been up since about 9:30 today and with low to moderate use I'm down to 50% battery at 12:42. Does anyone else have this problem? I've been running juice defender which is saying is helping but i'm not convinced. Please help if I could get this to run through a day that would be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery life was bad. So I started playing with my Exchange server's sync schedule. And for some reason setting it to "push" improved my battery life.

Also if I leave my bluetooth on when I don't need it, it sucks the life out of my battery (even when it is not connected to anything, and not serching).

skyrocket9

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I get 6-6.5 hours of direct heavy non stop use before i get to 5%.
Set max processes to 4, disable dps and all locstion settigs. Screen brightness to lowest. And minimal random widgets on screen. I was using it at my cottage for 6 hours straight before having to plug in. The screen was dimmed probably for 5 minutes while i got a beer. In contrast my iphone 4s would only get 4 hours in the same test.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Android Central Forums

Prelover115

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about this battery issue for awhile now, and it seems a process called MAPservicesamsung is chewing up a lot of juice. Any idea how to stop it? I'm not rooted mainly because I tried it once and failed so I'm too much of a wimp to do it again.

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't know of any other way to be able to stop that process Mtcarlin95; If you follow the instructions exactly as they are laid out, you should be able to root if that's the only thing that's stopping you. I thought maybe it was because I was using it but my battery life DID turn to crap after ICS.

I'm planning on rooting just to be able to freeze all the bloatware again.

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep, much worse battery life since ICS. With moderate to heavy use I was going from 7AM to 5PM before hitting 5% on GB, now i can only get to around 2PM before hitting 5%. I am always near a charger, and also have an extra battery so not too big of a deal for me.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has seriously deteriorated. With same usage as on GB, I can only go to around 1 or 2 pm.
I have to plug my phone to charge the instant I get to work, and have to keep it there so I have a full charge before getting on the Metro.
Very disappointing.

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my battery. I recently downloaded juice defender and it has helped a little bit.

wakers8569

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
My battery life was decent til I synched last night via Kies and a ton of updates installed. It seems like every time Sammy updates my phone, it just causes problems!!! I fully charged my phone last night and by 3pm, I was down to 29% remaining without a single call, text, or any internet. Bluetooth and wifi both disabled. Makes no sense at all!!!

Prelover115

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been experimenting over the last few days with my battery. I've force closed the MAPservicesamsung, which seemed to help a little bit, the the real winner I found out the other day. I've been keeping my data and wifi off whenever I don't need it (I don't get may important emails and I don't have much need to stay in constant contact with the interwebz), and this has helped immensely. I can go all day with turning on data or wifi a few times and still have 50% left. I'm quite happy, but this does render juice defender useless because I'm basically doing its job for it. Hope this helps.

Cheers