I'm seeing a lot issues posted about ICS on Skyrocket. What are the pros to upgrading?

-kahj1975

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 08:34 AM
    not much... sd card encryption, app switcher( or whatever it calls) better battery life(some say it got worse to me it's much better) chrome browser ( i still use dolphin) i guess that's all.. Cant say it got faster in anyway but it works pretty good. And there are some little extra features that i dont use and find them useless.
    07-31-2012 08:57 AM
    GMAIL on ICS is nice though
    07-31-2012 08:58 AM
    Noticeably faster boot up, slight improvements in certain apps (youtube, gmail, etc), battery life was better than GB at idle, worse when doing stuff. That was about it for me.

I heard all the problems with ICS, especially with GPS and thought I'd be one of the lucky few, but it took forever to lock on, keyboard was laggy, task manager (holding down home button) took up too much screen space, and the theme was still Samsung's ugliness.

It was something I wanted to try, but in the end I went back to GB.
    07-31-2012 12:06 PM
    Wow I thought, based on all the hype, that ICS would be providing much more! I think I'll stick with GB for now. Aside from a few annoying quirks, it does the job for me...

07-31-2012 05:18 PM
    improved keyboard prediction and auto correct, really liked that. also ICS unlocks the NFC function, although you can't really do much with it except prolly to share content from one phone to another, Google Wallet is blocked on the Skyrocket anyway by AT&T. if only this update didn't have so many problems (especially GPS) I wouldn't sell my SR...
    07-31-2012 06:04 PM
    Well, There's lots of slight improvements. I really liked the face unlock and faster booting. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 06:34 PM
    I had a bunch of problems with battery life on ICS so I wiped my phone and started fresh. It was much better but there is still some lag from the keyboard, and random force closes that I never got on GB. I'm really pondering either running a custom rom (like Sky ICS or CM9) or selling it and getting a Galaxy Nexus.

07-31-2012 07:33 PM
    Yes you are right! I had freezing and random force closes after I updated my phone to ICS. Weird..... :o

07-31-2012 08:10 PM
    True, my phone freezes much more frequently. I'm having to reboot a lot more than before.
    Was very excited for ICS, but not too pleased now.

08-01-2012 10:18 AM
    Maybe it's the Ice Cream Sandwich's stability issues. I'm currently using ICS 4.0.3 and I'm looking forward to get ICS 4.0.4 update to fix those problems :thumbup: I'm also looking forward to get Jellybean 4.1 update for my Galaxy S II!

08-01-2012 10:58 AM
    True, my phone freezes much more frequently. I'm having to reboot a lot more than before.
    Was very excited for ICS, but not too pleased now.

Did you try a complete factory reset after the update? It usually fixes most issues...
    08-01-2012 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD