Hey, I am trying to unroot back to the stock AT&T ICS Firmware, I tried using the CM10 JB Mod and there are a lot of issues I am running into and just wanna go back to having a functioning camera, illuminated buttons, and LTE

How would I go about doing that? Sorry for being such a noob at this but I need help in doing this please!!
    08-29-2012 02:48 PM
    Hey, I am trying to unroot back to the stock AT&T ICS Firmware, I tried using the CM10 JB Mod and there are a lot of issues I am running into and just wanna go back to having a functioning camera, illuminated buttons, and LTE

How would I go about doing that? Sorry for being such a noob at this but I need help in doing this please!!
    Did you make a backup of the stock rom with clockwork recovery? I am having the same issue I am on cm9 and forgot to make a backup. I want to go back to stock ics as well but maintain my root. I don't think the root is the issue its just the rom that is so buggy. My knowledge on the situation would provide two options. 1) Install another rom (cm9 works really well)
    2) Keep the root and just find a skyrocket ics leak and install that.

Both of these two options would require you to remain rooted. One more question, are you using clockwork mod recovery as your recovery system or something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    08-29-2012 03:49 PM
    I am using the Clockwork Touch for Recovery, it said I made a successful backup, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT when I try to restore it says no file found lol.
    08-29-2012 04:19 PM
    I am using the Clockwork Touch for Recovery, it said I made a successful backup, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT when I try to restore it says no file found lol.
    Yeah so your basically stuck rooted but you can install a leaked version of stock ics.

08-29-2012 04:32 PM
    Are you able to find it anywhere? I've done searches but only come up with dead links
    08-29-2012 07:43 PM
    Sorry for the double post but I found a stock ICS Rom with a working link here

I727UCLF6 AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 Official ICS 4.0.4 Software Update is out ~ Android ROM

Can't figure out how to flash it over though. Odin doesn't recognize my phone through the computer and installing from CWM says the file is corrupt so I don't know what to do
    08-29-2012 09:22 PM
    08-30-2012 02:05 PM
    I just followed the steps and it completely has crashed my phone :/ my phone is now stuck in Odin Mode with the Android that shows Downloading....Don not turn off target!!

Great....this is why I shouldn't have worried about rooting and flashing roms
    08-30-2012 03:50 PM
    I just followed the steps and it completely has crashed my phone :/ my phone is now stuck in Odin Mode with the Android that shows Downloading....Don not turn off target!!

Great....this is why I shouldn't have worried about rooting and flashing roms
    Let me how that goes. If that is the case I believe I will just stick to cm9 until a stable cm10 is released and only install it via the rom manager app.

08-30-2012 09:18 PM
    What may be the easiest thing to do is grab a stock tar and flash that using Odin, I had to do it because of the "no file found" issue and was up and running in 20 mins. In vincoms sig at xda you'll find one pretty easily. Check the first post under his sig. The one I used brought me back to 4.0.3, and from there I actually ended up flashing majik-wizz, which is super easy and smooth. If you can't find the tar let me know, I'll track it down and get you the link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    08-31-2012 03:32 AM
    As long as you can get into recovery and it seems like you can you'll be good. CM10 got me first time around, but believe me you should not give up now. Heck, you got to get one good flash for your troubles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    08-31-2012 03:37 AM
    Be careful people! I was running CM9 on my Skyrocket but decided to go back to stock. However, up until today, I could not find a stock ICS download because the Skyrocket's ICS update was only available through Kies. Well, long story short, I ended up with the out-of-box GB 2.3.6 ROM and Kies refuses to update my phone to ICS. I'm going to flash ICS to it from DeeBoy21's shared link. Finally, a stock official ICS, non-moded!
    09-02-2012 09:27 PM
    YES, now my SG2 Skyrocket is running stock ICS 4.0.4! Many thanks!

Whew! I thought my phone was going to be stuck with GB 2.3.6 until it flatlined!
    09-03-2012 02:00 PM
    YES, now my SG2 Skyrocket is running stock ICS 4.0.4! Many thanks!

Whew! I thought my phone was going to be stuck with GB 2.3.6 until it flatlined!
    So you just flashed this rom and it worked? I'm currently running cm9 and need to to back to stock. What should I do?

09-04-2012 10:15 AM
    Don't ever install any rom with Rom Manager! You are playing with fire otherwise. Rom Manager is notorious for not properly wiping data before flashing your new rom. You'll end up with a bootlooping phone or a brick :banghead:

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2012 11:07 AM
    Well how do I maintain my root if I follow these steps is there anything I have to do?

09-30-2012 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD