Jelly Bean, Maybe? Probably NOT!!!!

Superman4060

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Just read an announcement on engadget that stated that Samsung is going to start rolling it out to some devices. GS2 was on the list but nothing talking about Skyrocket sooooo what does everyone think. I hope we do but then again chances are we wont get it till after Christmas right. LAME!!!!!

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I did read an article somewhere that did clearly list the skyrocket as one of those to get it..... So we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
It listed it as the "Galaxy S2 LTE", I believe this refers to the Skyrocket, right?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I definitely read that we will get it. Forget which Site but as the other guy said I'm pretty sure this is the lte variant. Now let's see how long before they release it

sent from my sky(jelly)rocket

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It listed it as the "Galaxy S2 LTE", I believe this refers to the Skyrocket, right?

Yes, the SR has almost identical hardware. It's why CM was able to use basically the same ROM build for both the AT&T Skyrocket and the Galaxy S2 LTE, IIRC.

If it comes for the GS2 LTE, there's almost no reason why AT&T wouldn't jut go ahead and get it out for the Skyrocket. They'd have basically no excuse for that.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the SR has almost identical hardware. It's why CM was able to use basically the same ROM build for both the AT&T Skyrocket and the Galaxy S2 LTE, IIRC.

If it comes for the GS2 LTE, there's almost no reason why AT&T wouldn't jut go ahead and get it out for the Skyrocket. They'd have basically no excuse for that.

They have plenty of excuses, the money it costs to push updates, the testing, having to add their crapware. There are plenty of times international versions of phones get updates and us carrier versions dont

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
They have plenty of excuses, the money it costs to push updates, the testing, having to add their crapware. There are plenty of times international versions of phones get updates and us carrier versions dont

Samsung does their updates through Kies so AT&T doesn't have to pay *anything* to push updates seeing as how they come from Samsung's servers. That's not an excuse.

Testing and Making sure their crapware works happens with any ROM.

Usually International versions have stark differences from what AT&T has (i.e. sometimes they use a completely different SoC) but the Galaxy SII LTE that AT&T and Rogers got is a bit of a different case there.

If Samsung develops an update for one there's literally no excuse to not push it out especially since much of the crapware is really the same app just rebranded. Whoever goes first will have already done much of the Bug and App Integration testing for the other...

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes at&t has to pay for those updates you would be insane to believe otherwise

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Afternoon:

Samsung & AT&T need to start listening to their cutomers & get the Jelly Bean update out to those paying customers before they take their business to someone who is more responsive to their customers.

Been with AT&T many many years but when this contract is over my business relationship with AT&T is also over. They're to unresponsive & they load up their phones with useless bloatware.

If the skyrocket is getting Jelly Bean, hopefully we'll see it before St. Patty's Day 2013. LOL

Spring.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Judging by the recent leak, I'm guessing they're working on it. I've had no bugs or issues in the half day or so I've been running it. Hopefully an official version is released sooner than later.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just root and get jelly bean now

Not everyone wants to root their phone and most of those stock android ROMs are pretty terrible compared to official touchwiz ROMs, for various reasons. For example, CODEC support is worse, never mind I hate the stock Android UI. Also need the Official JB update to add features Samsung/AT&T ripped out in the ICS update, like WiFi Synching to Kies.

They really should be fast-tracking this update because this phone is borderline unusable on LTE with the current battery life. I really wish I could go back to an HSPA+ device at this point, because having a phone go from 90% to 40% in < one hour of use (web surfing and texting) on LTE makes it almost worthless as a smart device.

MrGriffdude

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone wants to root their phone and most of those stock android ROMs are pretty terrible compared to official touchwiz ROMs, for various reasons. For example, CODEC support is worse, never mind I hate the stock Android UI. Also need the Official JB update to add features Samsung/AT&T ripped out in the ICS update, like WiFi Synching to Kies.

They really should be fast-tracking this update because this phone is borderline unusable on LTE with the current battery life. I really wish I could go back to an HSPA+ device at this point, because having a phone go from 90% to 40% in < one hour of use (web surfing and texting) on LTE makes it almost worthless as a smart device.

Kies is the worst thing ever invented. So i find WiFi syncing to it pretty irrelevant.

Also there are plenty of touch wiz Roms out there like the official rogers jelly bean update that support rooted devices so you really don't need the stock android ui.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm T Mobile GS2 user and I'm waiting for the Jelly Bean update like you guys. As we know the international version of GS2 already recieved the JB 4.1 update and I also heard the 4.2.2 is their last firmware update. I'm very happy to hear this news, but will the U.S. GS2 owners will be able to get the update? I hope so. It's almost April now. C'mon Tmo and Att! We need JB NOW!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm T Mobile GS2 user and I'm waiting for the Jelly Bean update like you guys. As we know the international version of GS2 already recieved the JB 4.1 update and I also heard the 4.2.2 is their last firmware update. I'm very happy to hear this news, but will the U.S. GS2 owners will be able to get the update? I hope so. It's almost April now. C'mon Tmo and Att! We need JB NOW!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Bro what did I tell you earlier. Chill out and have some patience, it'll be a while.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood