Jelly Bean, Maybe? Probably NOT!!!!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that we waited long enough

Most of the S2s waited until July of last year to finally get the update. You can't expect to get the update this soon when all of the US S3s have just now gotten the update 2-3 months ago. Don't blame Samsung all of the international S2s haven't even gotten the update. Listen you can't expect to always get updates on an Android device. You want consistant updates on an Android phone? Shell out 350 and buy a N4..... Simple as that. So please quit complaining about a freaking update if you're that into it then root and install the leak on your dang phone. Just have some patience and chill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Most of the S2s waited until July of last year to finally get the update. You can't expect to get the update this soon when all of the US S3s have just now gotten the update 2-3 months ago. Don't blame Samsung all of the international S2s haven't even gotten the update. Listen you can't expect to always get updates on an Android device. You want consistant updates on an Android phone? Shell out 350 and buy a N4..... Simple as that. So please quit complaining about a freaking update if you're that into it then root and install the leak on your dang phone. Just have some patience and chill.

Something everyone should heavily consider when they buy a phone, and consider the issues this can bring up (like an update breaking your phone and then being forced to wait 6 months for a bug to be fixed).

The N4 didn't exist when most of us got this phone, so really you need to STHU with the whole shell out for an N4 B.S. The SR was only $100 less ON CONTRACT than the N4 so if people had the choice back then they probably would have taken it, anyways. That choice didn't exist, so it doesn't matter now.

semour1969

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Something everyone should heavily consider when they buy a phone, and consider the issues this can bring up (like an update breaking your phone and then being forced to wait 6 months for a bug to be fixed).

The N4 didn't exist when most of us got this phone, so really you need to STHU with the whole shell out for an N4 B.S. The SR was only $100 less ON CONTRACT than the N4 so if people had the choice back then they probably would have taken it, anyways. That choice didn't exist, so it doesn't matter now.

+1

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Sell your SR for at least 125-150 and then buy a N4. The SR is now 2 generations behind in the Galaxy S line. People should just be happy that a phone that came out close to 2 years ago is still be supported. I have no issue that the update is taking a few more months than expected, we should be glad that Samsung still somewhat cares for S2 owners. Look at HTC's track record of OS updates and then have some gratitude for what Samsung is doing. And I have no idea how ICS "broke" your phone. The only things bad about that update was the keyboard lag and a decreased battery life. WHICH by the way should have been expected from such a large software update. You have many more processes that run in ICS than in GB. And please tell me what phone as old as ours is being upgraded to JB officialy? I honestly can't think of A SINGLE ONE. (correct me if I'm wrong) Quit your ******** and move on with a phone that already performs outsandingly for day to day use. You people will be the ones who end up complaing about every little bad thing that comes with JB. Wow we get Google Now and touchwiz's restrained version of nature ui. Wow what an update! How about I sit here and complain on forums about how my phone hasn't recieved it yet!

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good news for owners of the Samsung Galaxy S2 on T-Mobile USA -- your update to Jelly Bean is due to start rolling out today.

As usual, AT&T is bringing up the rear yet again when it comes to taking care of their customer base.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084