USSD Test, did you pass?

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this article earlier today on the main page:

http://m.androidcentral.com/ussd-test

This is for Touchwiz roms and reports of AOSP/CM (not cool if true!), but if need be, change your dialer if you fail the test.

Wouldn't want someone's phone to get wiped with such a simple fix available in the meantime :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually this can also affect aosp based as miui gas been noticed as well as cm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. I was hoping it was just TWiz devices. Well, I changed my dialer just to be safe

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Aaah Beacio_mo saw your post in there. It's not just a browser/dialer thing bro it's actually airborne. That means that since your phone is infected you are too. Don't talk to anyone, call in to work, and drink lots of booze. That kills the virus. This is the same virus that's portrayed in The Walking Dead.

sent from my sky(jelly)rocket

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Aaah Beacio_mo saw your post in there. It's not just a browser/dialer thing bro it's actually airborne. That means that since your phone is infected you are too. Don't talk to anyone, call in to work, and drink lots of booze. That kills the virus. This is the same virus that's portrayed in The Walking Dead.

sent from my sky(jelly)rocket

Guess I'll have to use up my sick time :D :p :thumbup:

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I did not pass and don't know what to do now. :confused:

Go to the Play Store and download any dialer you want (Dialer One, Go Dialer, etc).

Now if you try the test again, a pop up will ask which dialer you want to use. This prevents the dialer code to pop up in the stock dialer and erase your phones memory. Now you can push Back and not have to worry about your phone getting wiped.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That post by AC is very vague as to what causes this and how someone can hack your phone. I clicked that link and my dialer and IMEI appeared. So I failed the test? What the heck actually happened when I clicked that link? Too much is vague.

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded Dialer One ... it's works. Thanks!

Go to the Play Store and download any dialer you want (Dialer One, Go Dialer, etc).

Now if you try the test again, a pop up will ask which dialer you want to use. This prevents the dialer code to pop up in the stock dialer and erase your phones memory. Now you can push Back and not have to worry about your phone getting wiped.

asimowalk

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That post by AC is very vague as to what causes this and how someone can hack your phone. I clicked that link and my dialer and IMEI appeared. So I failed the test? What the heck actually happened when I clicked that link? Too much is vague.
There are codes you can dial that will do something like display your IMEI. The test shows that a website can dial something right away without seeking your approval first. A malicious person could make it dial the code to factory reset your phone, among other things.

Installing a third-party dialer will make the phone ask if you want to use the stock dialer or the third-party one before doing anything which will prevent it from automatically dialing the code.