View Poll Results: Did this method work for you?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

7 87.50%
  • NO

1 12.50%
    For those who are currently using skyrocket with tmobile at 2g (edge) speed, here is a tested and working solution.

The Method is tested by me and worked at the first try with no problems at all. But you will do this at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility.

Requirements:
    ATT Skyrocket i727
    Unlocked
    on ICS official stock firmware

Ok So first of all you need a CWM and need to root the phone
    If you are already rooted and have CWM installed skip to where it says flashing radio.

download CWM/Root files

unzip
    Connect your device to the computer in downloading mode (Turn off>hold volume up and down at the same time>plug in to the computer)
    Once it is connected in the Downloading mode. Run odin3 v1.85.exe
    you should see yellow in the first COM
    click PDA and select recovery-cmw-hercules.tar
    click start
    Once finished successfully, the phone will reboot.

Now copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip to the sd card or internal storage
    put the phone in CWM mode (hold volume up and down and press power button> let go the power button once the screen turns off and you feel the first vibration. continue to hold volume up and down)

Then CWM should show up. navigate to install zip from sd card. press power button to select. select the zip file from where you stored it. click yes. if it fails first time just go back and select the zip file again and do it again. it should work in 2-3 tries.

once that is done reboot the device. you should see super user icon in the application menu.
    **************************************************************************************************************************************
    Flashing radio
    Now download the following zip file and put it on sd card or internal storage. Download Here
    Boot in to CWM (look up above on how to do this)
    Click on install zip from sd card
    select the Tmo_SGH-T879-UVLG3_radio.zip
    click yes. This should flash your radio to the tmobile version of Galaxy Note.

Enjoy the 4G speeds.

I think this should also work with the ATT Note because the above radio is from the Tmobile version of Galaxy Note. But I haven't tested it. If someone has the ATT note please try and confirm.
    Attached Files
    10-01-2012 09:51 PM
    t879 radio on a i727...shouldn't I use a t989 radio on my i727?
    01-01-2013 07:59 PM
    I just switched over to T-Mobile myself. The 1900Mhz refarm worked for me in LA (will try it again when I get to SF), but I'm gonna try flashing some T-Mobile radios anyway to get broader HSPA+ coverage.

So far, I've only heard of people flashing the T989 and Blaze radios. But, I would think the Note should work since it uses the same processor. I'll add that to my list of radios to try. Will update if something goes wrong w/ the above radio.

Update: The radio works on Slim Bean 3.1. In fact, I've also tried the Blaze (LB7) and Hercules (LE1) radios, and they worked too. It probably won't work on the recent JB leak, but perhaps other custom roms are also compatible.
    goodfella72 likes this.
    01-02-2013 10:59 AM
    Looking for Tmo_SGH-T879-UVLG3_radio.zip to download, please help!

I web searched the file, but it did not work. please advise.
    03-21-2013 10:49 AM
    Looking for Tmo_SGH-T879-UVLG3_radio.zip to download, please help!

I web searched the file, but it did not work. please advise.
    I apologize it finally came in, the signal went down a bar or two but overall happy. thanks
    03-21-2013 11:29 AM
    Will it also work for Jelly bean v4.1 which I recently updated via Samsung Kies on my skyrocket.
    06-02-2013 07:35 PM
    Will it also work for Jelly bean v4.1 which I recently updated via Samsung Kies on my skyrocket.
    You might need the UVMC6 radio from this thread, which is the radio that came w/ the T-Mobile version's 4.1.2 update. The recent 4.1.2 Touchwiz update may not recognize ICS radios out of the box.

[RADIOS] CWM/TWRP Flashable Radios SGH-T989/D [2013.04.24] TLMC4 New Added! - xda-developers
    06-03-2013 12:30 AM
    Could you please let me know if the steps mentioned here will work for Jelly Bean v4.1 ? I am running Jelly Bean v4.1 on my skyrocket but getting only edge speed on T-Mobile network. Please let me know if it will work else kindly provide the right link or guidance.

Regards
    06-12-2013 09:38 PM
    I wouldn't suggest messing with radios. You can be left with a bricked device...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-13-2013 02:57 PM