Skyrocket i727 with Tmobile at 4G Speeds

Did this method work for you?

• Total voters

Kavillage007

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For those who are currently using skyrocket with tmobile at 2g (edge) speed, here is a tested and working solution.

The Method is tested by me and worked at the first try with no problems at all. But you will do this at your own risk. I do not take any responsibility.

Requirements:
ATT Skyrocket i727
Unlocked
on ICS official stock firmware

Ok So first of all you need a CWM and need to root the phone
If you are already rooted and have CWM installed skip to where it says flashing radio.

download CWM/Root files

unzip
Connect your device to the computer in downloading mode (Turn off>hold volume up and down at the same time>plug in to the computer)
Once it is connected in the Downloading mode. Run odin3 v1.85.exe
you should see yellow in the first COM
click PDA and select recovery-cmw-hercules.tar
click start
Once finished successfully, the phone will reboot.

Now copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip to the sd card or internal storage
put the phone in CWM mode (hold volume up and down and press power button> let go the power button once the screen turns off and you feel the first vibration. continue to hold volume up and down)

Then CWM should show up. navigate to install zip from sd card. press power button to select. select the zip file from where you stored it. click yes. if it fails first time just go back and select the zip file again and do it again. it should work in 2-3 tries.

once that is done reboot the device. you should see super user icon in the application menu.
**************************************************************************************************************************************
Flashing radio
Now download the following zip file and put it on sd card or internal storage. Download Here
Boot in to CWM (look up above on how to do this)
Click on install zip from sd card
select the Tmo_SGH-T879-UVLG3_radio.zip
click yes. This should flash your radio to the tmobile version of Galaxy Note.

Enjoy the 4G speeds.

I think this should also work with the ATT Note because the above radio is from the Tmobile version of Galaxy Note. But I haven't tested it. If someone has the ATT note please try and confirm.

Attachments

• tmobilegalaxys2rootICS.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over to T-Mobile myself. The 1900Mhz refarm worked for me in LA (will try it again when I get to SF), but I'm gonna try flashing some T-Mobile radios anyway to get broader HSPA+ coverage.

So far, I've only heard of people flashing the T989 and Blaze radios. But, I would think the Note should work since it uses the same processor. I'll add that to my list of radios to try. Will update if something goes wrong w/ the above radio.

Update: The radio works on Slim Bean 3.1. In fact, I've also tried the Blaze (LB7) and Hercules (LE1) radios, and they worked too. It probably won't work on the recent JB leak, but perhaps other custom roms are also compatible.

Last edited:

goodfella72

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Looking for Tmo_SGH-T879-UVLG3_radio.zip to download, please help!

I web searched the file, but it did not work. please advise.

Last edited:

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

pradeep2611

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Could you please let me know if the steps mentioned here will work for Jelly Bean v4.1 ? I am running Jelly Bean v4.1 on my skyrocket but getting only edge speed :( on T-Mobile network. Please let me know if it will work else kindly provide the right link or guidance.

Regards

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest messing with radios. You can be left with a bricked device...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12