Bricked my Phone!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So today my idiot self decided to try to go out and delete various old crap off of my SD card on my phone. Btw I'm rooted with CM9 and clockwork mod recovery. I plugged in my phone into my computer and started to delete old crap I I didn't use anymore and had no need for. Unfortunately I probably deleted a extremely important file that is needed for clockworck recovery. All was well until I tried to do a backup on my hone through rom manager. The phone shut off and wouldn't even turn on. I've tried everything to get the phone back on, it just turns on and shows the Samsung logo then goes black. When I try to put it into recovery holding down the two volume rockers and the power switch, it just continuously vibrates. If I can't get this fixed my parents will skin me alive!!!! PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! I've never tried it myself, but is there a way to return to stock through Odin?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Use this guide to restore to stock. Its easy to do, just make sure to read everything then read it again to make sure you understand the instructions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1652398

You should really do some research before deleting system files, it'll save you a lot of headaches :p

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the input, but will this work even if the phone won't even turn on or do anything when plugged into the computer? A reply would be greatly appreciated!
My phone is completely dead I deleted some file that won't allow it to turn on at all I can't even get to cwm recovery. All it does is vibrate when I hit the power key absolutely nothing happens
Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you get into download mode? With the phone off, hold both volume buttons and plug the usb cord into the phone (the usb should already be plugged into your computer) and keep holding until download mode pops up. Don't let go if the phone vibrates, it should vibrate once before entering dl mode.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you get into download mode? With the phone off, hold both volume buttons and plug the usb cord into the phone (the usb should already be plugged into your computer) and keep holding until download mode pops up. Don't let go if the phone vibrates, it should vibrate once before entering dl mode.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

I'm currently not home right now but will try for sure once I get there. From download mode what exactly should I do?

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I went through that website and downloaded all the files of one of the stock ics firmwares and downloaded them through odin. Everything worked but the phone has now been stuck on the ATT logo with rethink possible underneath. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it
? It even says pass on the odin screen

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Edit- I didn't see your last post somehow...Tapatalk didn't update or something haha. I replied to your pm just now

Last edited:

mindmajick

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I went through that website and downloaded all the files of one of the stock ics firmwares and downloaded them through odin. Everything worked but the phone has now been stuck on the ATT logo with rethink possible underneath. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it
? It even says pass on the odin screen

Clear your caches. It should boot

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey! No fair! . . . . so, what happened with young Will? You've left us hangin' ova' here. Did he ever get past the locked AT&T screen...whilst having plenty of time to contemplate and rethink the possible. Of maybe the impossible? Or, did young Will ever get back, just in the nick of time, to a stock ICS Firmware? Or, heaven forbid, did Young Will's parents find his phone in an inexplicable state of Brick-alysis..... and 'skin' young Will 'alive' ?! :(

. . . . or . . . what ??? :p

Hope you got it sorted out.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey! No fair! . . . . so, what happened with young Will? You've left us hangin' ova' here. Did he ever get past the locked AT&T screen...whilst having plenty of time to contemplate and rethink the possible. Of maybe the impossible? Or, did young Will ever get back, just in the nick of time, to a stock ICS Firmware? Or, heaven forbid, did Young Will's parents find his phone in an inexplicable state of Brick-alysis..... and 'skin' young Will 'alive' ?! :(

. . . . or . . . what ??? :p

Hope you got it sorted out.

LOL with the help of Ronnie2 I got the whole thing sorted out. I had flashed the stock firmware and was stuck on the boot screen, then with his advice I did a complete wipe of the phone via the stock recovery. I was set back to stock 2.3.5 and then updated to 2.3.6 OTA. I think I'm actually going to stick with GB over ICS I didn't see very many improvements when I installed the official software through kies in early July. Oddly enough I did maintain all my photos and music thank GOD! I don't think I will ever install a custom rom again unless we don't get official JB. And I'm really happy with the battery life too I'm still at 57% with 2+ hours of on screen time. And I'm not a little kid lol I'm 16 and 6'4.......... I'm just really interested in android phones and just made a extremely stupid mistake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL with the help of Ronnie2 I got the whole thing sorted out. I had flashed the stock firmware and was stuck on the boot screen, then with his advice I did a complete wipe of the phone via the stock recovery. I was set back to stock 2.3.5 and then updated to 2.3.6 OTA. I think I'm actually going to stick with GB over ICS I didn't see very many improvements when I installed the official software through kies in early July. Oddly enough I did maintain all my photos and music thank GOD! I don't think I will ever install a custom rom again unless we don't get official JB. And I'm really happy with the battery life too I'm still at 57% with 2+ hours of on screen time. And I'm not a little kid lol I'm 16 and 6'4.......... I'm just really interested in android phones and just made a extremely stupid mistake!

You're happy with two hours screen on at 50% thats nuts considering I get 6 to 8.5 depending on my setup for the whole day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You're happy with two hours screen on at 50% thats nuts considering I get 6 to 8.5 depending on my setup for the whole day

God what rom are you running then I've got LTE on whenever I'm not home. And my days are usually 17-18 hours due to school morning workouts for sports.

mindmajick

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
God what rom are you running then I've got LTE on whenever I'm not home. And my days are usually 17-18 hours due to school morning workouts for sports.

Its not the rom. Its HOW he uses the phone. Bummer that you went through so much trouble to fix and are afraid to flash. I really think a simple clearing of the caches would have worked.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Its not the rom. Its HOW he uses the phone. Bummer that you went through so much trouble to fix and are afraid to flash. I really think a simple clearing of the caches would have worked.

It's your Rom bro lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18