microphone not working

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
e: microphone not working

I am having the exact same prob on new 3 month old Vodafone n8-when I make a call I can hear them but they can't hear me-theres only way I'm being heard when now is when I turn on a Bluetooth speaker -so have been having to turn that on 24/7 so if someone calls they'll be able to hear my voice-im not coming through on the phone/handset or loudspeaker on gone-its anyone have any advice please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! More details would be helpful. Also, have you read through this thread?

Alex Temple

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I uninstalled Cortana & Alexa, just out of desperation (due to suggestion of previous posters, thanks)! Does seem to work now, according to 'Mic Test' app, anyhow. This is on Ulefone Armor running 6.0.

Gonna try and call someone now and see if it's done the trick! :)

Edit: Works a bit better, but still muffled (like talking down a drainpipe, listener said). OTOH Speakerphone is fine, if still a bit soft: Armor has a lot of waterproofing and shielding though, which probably doesn't help!

And please, if anyone has this particular phone, tell me where the blinkin' microphone/s is/are, I cannot for the life of me find it/them!

Last edited:

Vnrm Jn

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi I have the same issue, it happened to my device twice. The first time it happened i reset my phone totally reformat and solved the problem. Then the second time it happened again I googled it hoping to find another solution instead of resetting or reformatting my device here what Ive found and solved again my problem:
Try dial any number and call, then in the call interface, tap the 'mute' option, then tap again to 'unmute'.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! FYI, you're replying to a person who posted 6 years ago (in a 9 year old thread), so it's unlikely they're still aware of this thread ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay