Please Help: Phantom mass uploads in the morning.

mrsodapop

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick search, but did not find much info, so if this has been covered I apologize. My wife and I have the Galaxy 2S Skyrockets through AT&T. All works fine except almost every morning when we leave for work and leave our home wifi zone and the phone goes to 3G there is a massive amount of data sent out from our phones. Our phones do not show any signs of data being sent at this time, but our online account shows it. We have been to the AT&T store a few times with this problem, but they are unable to determine the problem and just say upgrade to a larger data plan. Also spent a ton of time on the phone with Customer Care. They also do not know what is going on. They also cannot tell us what this data is, or where it is going. Also they say we should just upgrade to a higher data plan. We have turned off automatic download/updating and turned on only update in wifi. Our bill is skyrocketing, and nobody at AT&T knows what's going on or cares. Is this a phone issue, an account screw up issue, or just a way to force us to upgrade???
Thanks for any info/ideas

stonerman34

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed this phenomenon on my gs3... Every morning between 4:30 and 4:45, depending on when I leave home, there is a big chunk of data, (from 50mb to 550mb) that shows up on my detailed bill. Doesn't phase me much as I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan still, but I remain curious as to why it is there anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can they identify what kind of data is being sent? Does the detailed ATT bill reveal anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

mrsodapop

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply's. The billing statement(s) only list the time, the amount of data used, and whether it was being sent or received. There is nothing about what program, app.,etc. is sending the data, nor is there any info on where the data is going. Customer Care says due to privacy laws they are not able monitor/track where and what data is sent/received on a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz