After flashing CM10, locking the phone causes many issues

nhm414

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've been flashing CM, both stables and nightlies, onto my Galaxy SII Skyrocket since CM9. I updated to nightly Feb 13, and started experiencing a slew of issues. Many times, an error saying Youtube, or Google Voice, or camera has stopped working would pop up. Also, when I would lock the phone, the phone would sometimes wake up immediately after, or the reboot/shutoff menu would appear.

I began to think this was due to the rom being an unstable nightly, so I reverted back to the stable rom (cm 10.0.0). Everything was functional (no error messages), but the lock screen is still causing the same issues. Sometimes when locking, the phone's backlight will flash and other times, the phone will reboot.

I've tried flashing the stable mod multiple times and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My normal process is:

1) factory reset 2) wipe cache 3) wipe dalvik 4) install CM 10.0.0 5) install the appropriate gapps 6) reboot 7) set up google account 8) test lock button

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

nhm414

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
After doing some reading, I'm thinking it may be due to a stuck power button. Apparently, it's quite a common issue with Skyrockets. Anyone with experience in resolving this?

bgcole

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I used to have an iphone 4 with a stuck home button, rubbing alcohol and some strategic pushing solved the problem for me. make sure phone is off, maybe obvious but still...

i did very rapid pressing on every side.

the sky button is smaller, but might be worth a shot

josiahkim1005

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
has anybody else with a skyrocket tried this?
I've had a random rebooting problem, but now that I've read this post this might have been why.
Any further instructions on how you used the rubbing alcohol?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance