Seems I get my wifes hand me down phones and then have to relearn how to work them,
    She got some bigger Android so I took her Galaxy skyrocket 2 and need some info since I have not dived into this phone yet and want to know the basics.

In the past I like to have separate ringtones for each contact to know how is calling, will this phone do that?

Next I like one tone for incoming texts and another tone for incoming emails, will this phone do that too?

Can I have the same tone for both calls and text from a specific person, email would just be a bonus.

I of course like all the tones to be customs tunes I add to the phone, can I do that with this phone?
    If I can add my own custom tones do they have to be a special format?

Can I use the phone as a mp3 player?

What program do I need to add the tones and tunes to my phone?

Lastly I added the bigger battery to this phone for my wife I dig the big bulky rubber and plastic cases do they make one to fit it even with the hump back battery?

Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    P.
    03-29-2013 07:52 PM

Lastly I added the bigger battery to this phone for my wife I dig the big bulky rubber and plastic cases do they make one to fit it even with the hump back battery?

Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    P.
    Get a nexus four battery it fits in the sky rocket

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    03-29-2013 10:25 PM
    Get a nexus four battery it fits in the sky rocket
    Can you still close the standard battery cover? If so, I'm assuming it's a pretty tight squeeze, like it is for the Galaxy Nexus batteries?

As for the other questions...

In the past I like to have separate ringtones for each contact to know how is calling, will this phone do that?
    Yes

Next I like one tone for incoming texts and another tone for incoming emails, will this phone do that too?
    Yes

Can I have the same tone for both calls and text from a specific person, email would just be a bonus.
    Yes on the first one, I don't think so on the second one

I of course like all the tones to be customs tunes I add to the phone, can I do that with this phone?
    For the most part, yes

If I can add my own custom tones do they have to be a special format?
    .wav and mp3 should work fine

Can I use the phone as a mp3 player?
    Yes. It's been awhile since I've seen a Skyrocket's stock app drawer, but I believe it came with a music app that plays most musical formats. If not, you can always dl a music app. You could go one step further and upload your music into the cloud using Google Music, and then you can play your songs on any Android device and on a computer.

What program do I need to add the tones and tunes to my phone?
    See above
    03-30-2013 12:31 AM

I use LightFlow to do that--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.lightflow
    03-30-2013 12:52 AM