Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Aplpec, I am using Go sms and it's still not working. I was finally able to get the 4g data but can't send or receive mms... ugh this sucks. I my my cake and be able to eat it too!

ShawnSoter

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help w/ a Samsung Galaxy S3 w/ a similar issue? It's an unlocked AT&T branded S3. I believe the Straight Talk SIM is T-Mobile (that's what Straight Talk said). I had data for a week, then it just went out and I haven't been able to get it back for over a week, after multiple calls to Straight Talk and a factory reset of my phone. Here's the info Straight Talk provided that won't work:

Name ? Straight Talk
APN ? wap.tracfone.com
Proxy ? 216.155.165.40
Port ? 8080
MMSC ? http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS proxy ? 216.155.165.40
MMS port ? 8080
MCC ? 310
MNC ? 260
Authentication type and APN type ? Not Set

b3ncardenas

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got a galaxy s4 mini gt i9192 dual sim and I'm trying to get my internet and mms to work but it just won't even with the apn listed on this thread. I could really use some help. Can anyone suggest some possible answers to get my phone to work as well as it should? I had a galaxy s3 before this phone but I gave it to my brother for his out of country studies. The att straight talk sim worked before now it won't for internet and mms. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. :-!

Last edited:

solallein

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an S3 i747 and the settings that Dutch posted works for everything but mms picture sending which I am starting to think is just an issue with straight talk in general. My mms pictures stopped being sent yesterday 9/5/2013 in the afternoon. I'm in Kentucky btw.

Matt Preston

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a gs3 unlocked from V.W. and I have a S.T. card. Can call and text,but no pic mssgs or data. I've tried almost every single apn here, nothing. We have both Att and Verizon towers here. Phone is rooted using Synergy. If it helps,I live in Northeastern New Mexico. Att is 4g here as long as it's a NM number. But since I'm bordering Colorado, there are alot of people with Co. numbers too that don't get 4g. My S.T. card is registered as a NM number,so I should have 4g right? IDK what to do. Please help.I'm ready to throw my phone off a cliff.

solallein

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an S3 i747 and the settings that Dutch posted works for everything but mms picture sending which I am starting to think is just an issue with straight talk in general. My mms pictures stopped being sent yesterday 9/5/2013 in the afternoon. I'm in Kentucky btw.

So today my mms pictures started working again. I have no idea.... Hey matt, you used Dutch's settings? That what I have on mine and my wife's. It may be just that straight talk is fiddling with some kind of update or hell i dont know whatever makes this magic work, and maybe they haven't finished in your region?

D4213

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any luck with my problem. I have an S2 Skyrocket on the AT&T sim and I have everything working BUT receiving MMS messages. I can send them fine, but every time someone sends me one I just get a button to download it and it always, without fail says that the download failed. I have the current APN set to tfdata because if I set it to att.mvno I lose my internet as well and can only make calls and send and get texts. Any ideas at all? I've been killing myself trying to fix this. I'm at my wit's end!

solallein

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any luck with my problem. I have an S2 Skyrocket on the AT&T sim and I have everything working BUT receiving MMS messages. I can send them fine, but every time someone sends me one I just get a button to download it and it always, without fail says that the download failed. I have the current APN set to tfdata because if I set it to att.mvno I lose my internet as well and can only make calls and send and get texts. Any ideas at all? I've been killing myself trying to fix this. I'm at my wit's end!

Did you try dutch's settings? If you have did you restart your phone? If you did I would suggest rooting your s2 and getting cyanogenmod. Thats what I'm running on my wife's s2 skyrocket and its doing good. Again I think that the issue may be regional?

Kdawg7

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC One AT&T (Black) brand. I just got my mms working after 3 days of trying all kinds of settings. This cell phone is still locked to AT&T. I'm afraid to get it unlocked now for fear my settings won't work anymore. I always had internet, my connection is 4G lte which is an added plus and the speed is really seen. Well here are my settings that are working me so far. I hope they stick.

Name------------ Straight Talk
APN--------------- tfdata
MMSC------------ http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy------ mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port-------- 80
MCC--------------- 310
MNC--------------- 410
APN type--------- default,supl,mms

I hope these work for others with HTC One by (AT&T)

Adam Rupeka

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
OK so I had this problem on two phone with straight talk. One was a sony experia play and a pantech burst. And as stated before use an app to replace the stock mms program. I downloaded and used handcent sms and now no problems. and just so you know here are my current settings

APN ---- tfdata
port--- 80
mmsc---- http://mms-tf.net
mms proxy--- mms3.tracfone.com
mms port--- 80
mcc-- 310
mnc---- 410
auth type--- pap
apn type--- default,supl,mms
the rest are not set.

hope this helps other people oh and this worked on the pantech burst running 4.0.4 and the phone is unlocked and rooted.

MayMamasita

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
KDawg - :D After a BAZILLION different changes to those settings, I finally got mine working on my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket i727 using the ST sim for AT&T with my phone still locked to AT&T as well. YOU ROCK!!! Thank you Thank You Thank You!! I was dreading calling ST.

Matt Metzger

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
OK so I had this problem on two phone with straight talk. One was a sony experia play and a pantech burst. And as stated before use an app to replace the stock mms program. I downloaded and used handcent sms and now no problems. and just so you know here are my current settings

APN ---- tfdata
port--- 80
mmsc---- http://mms-tf.net
mms proxy--- mms3.tracfone.com
mms port--- 80
mcc-- 310
mnc---- 410
auth type--- pap
apn type--- default,supl,mms
the rest are not set.

hope this helps other people oh and this worked on the pantech burst running 4.0.4 and the phone is unlocked and rooted.

Adam you are the MAN!!!! your settings worked for my Galaxy S4. Thanks!

dwkerux

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has a Galaxy Exhilarate. I have tried all the different settings in this thread. I am able to get internet and text but, like so many others, cannot send or receive photos via text. Any suggestions?

harpsfarm

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought my husband an att unlocked Samsung Galaxy Appeal I827. He still cannot receive any picture messages. When the text comes thru and says to download, always gets an error: Downloading failed. Have called straight talk numerous times, and tried various apn settings that still to no avail do not work. Any suggestions PLEASE???