Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

phat0074

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I was trying to find the settings for my i537 (s4 active) to work on straight talk and changing to a combination with these settings worked. in the end i ended up with:
name: straight talk
apn: tfdata
proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
port: 80
user name: not set
password: not set
server: not set
mmsc: http://mms-tf.net
mms proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
mms port: 80
mcc: 310
mnc: 410
authentication: none
apn type: not set
apn protocol: ipv4
apn roaming protocol: ipv4
apn enabled
bearer: unspecified
Can you send mms, i have the same phone with the exact setting but can send out picture mail? It just says loading but never sends

SHANTIBABA

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Shanti is here to save the day and ease all your suffering. God bless Scott Blakey!
Okay folks, after trying for hours on two separate occasions, I want to inform anyone looking for the same information how I was able to convert a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 Tmobile branded, unlocked phone to Straight Talk with data and SMS working perfectly. I tried every set up listed by others in this thread and absolutely none worked. Let me tell you what worked for me:
I used a brand new, unlocked TMobile-branded Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (Hercules?) ($250 on Ebay all day for a white one)
I used a Straight Talk ATT SIM card
I transferred the phone number from an old phone to the new phone through Straight Talk customer service on the phone. That worked perfectly.
They gave me the information to set up my first APN, which did not work. This is what works:
go to apn.straighttalkbyop.com. that should redirect you to HOW TO UPDATE DATA SETTINGS
follow the directions! enter your phone number or sim card serial number (I tried both and both worked) and choose your phone type. I chose "Samsung Galaxy S (3G/4G)"
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY. LISTED BELOW WERE THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN TO ME. YOURS MIGHT BE DIFFERENT, IDK:
1.Press "Menu."
2.Select "Settings."
3.Select "Wireless and networks."
4.Confirm that "Flight Mode" is unchecked.
5.Select "Mobile Networks."
6.Confirm that "Use packet data" is checked.
7.Select "Access Point Names."
8.Press "Menu."
9.Select "Reset to default."
10.Select "Menu."
11.Select "New APN."
12.Please refer to the table on the left to select and enter values (Case Sensitive)
13.Press "Menu."
14.Select "Save."
15.Reboot your phone.
16.Your Internet and MMS are now configured!

when you "reset to default", any saved APN's will be deleted. I don't believe anyone previously had mentioned turning the packet data on....
Good luck folks, just relaying what worked for me, and I got the information directly from StraightTalk!
Namaste

jseek14

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have tried everything to change my apn on my imitation galaxy note 2 N7100 and I still cant access my internet please help im going crazy here its an unlocked phone my provider is straight talk

squareme1

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 from AT&T and SIM card from straight talk. Everything works except being able to download picture messages sent to me. I also tried Dutch's settings but that was not helpful. With those settings, it would not allow me to send a picture message. The settings which straight talk gave me does not work. Anyone have a suggestion?
apn
tfdata

port

mmsc
http://mms-tf.net

mms proxy
mms3.tracfone.com

mms

Jennifer Quarrell

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually thought this would work as the other info on this thread didn't. I'm gonna give it over night to maybe let servers or whatever reset or update or whatever. I send mms messages just fine but cant download then for anything *sigh* yours was the best info so far

Dutch29

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Since I last posted my settings for an At&t SGS2 skyrocket, I now have an iPhone 4S locked to AT&T on ST. It worked great for several months with the att.mvno settings. Then on around Dec.20 my data, mms and SMS just stopped working! I downloaded the (tfdata) profile from ST website, which is the same as Squareme1's settings for you Android users. Everything works except I can't Receive mms messages.
So, I think this is a ST issue. Android & Iphone are both affected. I have the older, "light blue" sim. My wife has the same iPhone 4S as I do, but with the newer blue sim and she has had no problems. I have ordered the newer dark blue sim to see if that would help. Is anyone having problems with the newer "Dark Blue" sim? Actually both sims are white but the cards they came are, light blue for the older one and dark blue for the newest one. Hope this explanation is not too confusing.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Austin655

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software. My phone is not unlocked or jailbroken. I just switched from AT&T to straight talk about 36 hours ago. Since doing so, I am able to make and receive calls, access internet and even SEND people MMS, however I cannot receive MMS nor send/receive SMS. I have tried nearly every APN setting I could find via google. I've been working at this nearly around the clock. I almost feel as if this isn't even an APN problem. Under message settings my SMSC number is +13123149810 which according to google is the AT&T number. Should it be different now that I'm on straight talk or no?

My current APN settings are as follows
name: straight talk
apn: tfdata
proxy: not set
port: 80
username: not set
password: not set
server: not set
MMSC: http : // mms-tf . net (without spaces)
MMS Proxy: mms3 . tracfone . com (without spaces)
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN Protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

WackyT

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Under message settings my SMSC number is +13123149810 which according to google is the AT&T number. Should it be different now that I'm on straight talk or no?

I am also on Straight Talk AT&T, and my SMSC setting is "+13123149810",145 and all my SMS and MMS works fine.

Zoe Howard

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
None of this worked for me. I've been trying every possible setting I could find on the internet with no luck. My month even reset and some people have been saying that's the key. Nope, not for me. Everything except receiving pictures was working with ANY of the settings on here. Some were just faster than others. The only thing that worked was a youtube.com video I found where it told me to download Go SMS Pro from google play. I did this and bam! pictures.

lone1972

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
APN settings for android users BYOP ssStraight Talk AT&T sim

Im using a unlocked clone GS4 and data, SMS, MMS are all working. I used the APN settings from ST website and everything worked except MMS send or receive. I've played with all sorts of settings for quite a while before finally finding that these work.

Name: straight talk

APN: tfdata

APN type: default, mms

Proxy: Not set

Port: 80

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33

MMS port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Autentication type: None

APN protocol: IPv4

Apn roaming protocol: IPv4

SMSC number is +13123149810 - not sure what this number is or where it comes from

Other APN settings may or may not work and the phone may or may not make a difference, but these are working as of now on Straight Talk for me. Hope this helps.

Use-s3mini

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Port: Not Set , and the MMS Port: 80 . No number in the Port field? I'm trying to get a Samsung s3 mini to work right. The settings I had allowed my phone to work except for MMS download. I could send, but not receive. Everything else works.

Last edited:

Use-s3mini

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SIII

I need the APN settings for a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini using AT&T on Straight Talk. New phone from Samsung. So far everything works except for MMS download to phone fails. Thanks

Christie1969

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Galaxy SIII

AT&T CONVERTED TO STRAIGHT TALK GALAXY S2..

Used the APN settings retrieved at: HOW TO UPDATE DATA SETTINGS
That alone didnt work for more.. then went to google play and downloaded GO SMS and tada!! Pictures!! can receive and send them!
Hope this helps!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX