on both of my BB's i was able to give each contact a diff ringtone or make then silent for calling...i can give diff ringtones on the skyrocket but havent found where i can just make certain contacts on silent, instead i have to put all calls on silent...is there any way to just put the certain ppl on silent? tia
    04-02-2013 09:29 AM
    Yes, you can give custom ringtones for your various contacts when you edit their contact profile. I'm not sure about choosing "silent" as a ringtone though...my phone isn't stock anymore so I can't verify this.
    04-03-2013 01:57 AM
    ok thanks...it doesnt show a silent on there so guess it doesnt allow this on some...maybe the s4 will have that option because i miss that from having the bb
    04-08-2013 09:06 AM
    With the JB update that just came out, does it have a silent option now?
    04-12-2013 10:34 AM
    Hi Rhonda:

I had a BB 9700 & no other OS can handle the ringtones like BB. They & they alone know how to do it. The only way I've been able to assign tones individually in Android is with an app. I use Ringo Pro. However, no app that I've seen or other OS that I've seen can assign an individual tone to an individual email address but the BB.

That assigning of the ringtones to individual numbers & email addresses is what I really miss from BB.

I'm running JB 4.1.2 & I think there might be a bug because I can't get the phone to ring a default ring when I get an email & my calendar no longer sounds when I have an event..

Thinking of going back to BB when this contract is up in December.

Spring..
    06-10-2013 08:03 AM
    The solution I used was this: I recorded 5 seconds of silence (some kind of sound recorder should be on all computers nowadays, just mute your mic to make sure you get silence) and then put that audio file on my phone and used it as the ringtone for the contacts I wanted to silence.
    08-08-2014 11:59 AM
    Try this method, it's worked for me after some trial and error.
    Download a voice recorder app if you do not have one installed on your phone.
    Open the app, then record a minute or two of silence.
    Go to top right of screen and open the list of options.
    Chose set as ringtone.
    This gives you a choice of "ringtone", "contact ringtone", or" trim ringtone".
    Then allocate the silent recording for the contact you choose.
    01-21-2015 03:37 AM
    Well, yes you can assign some of your important contact different ringtones have a look over the contacts to know how to do that !
    01-21-2015 03:45 AM
    Going to "Contacts" and then "Edit" only works on J2 if you save the contact onto the device. Not if you save onto sim-card. So after "Edit" you choose "Add Another Field" and the you can choose "Ringtone" field.
    10-07-2016 11:50 AM