having major charging problems need major help

talelorm

May 10, 2012
Visit site
ok so I got the skyrocket i727
I have this charger :Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Travel Wall Charger with Swivel plug for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Amazon Kindle Fire HD DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK: MP3 Players & Accessories
and this cable: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters): Electronics

with those I get 0.04 amps to 0.07 amps

using the powergen with stock cable I stick at 0.06 amps

stock cord and charger get me 0.02 amp to 0.04 amps

stock charger with amazon cord I get 0.02 amps to 0.07 amps.

turning the phone off seems to make no difference what so ever. in fact sometimes worse, I tried flashing stock 4.1.2and it helped a little then it boot loops
I have no problems running cynogenmod and it never did this before on cynagenmod

whats going on? I tried 2 different OEM batteries
same amp rates nothing different

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ok so I got the skyrocket i727
I have this charger :Amazon.com: PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Travel Wall Charger with Swivel plug for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Amazon Kindle Fire HD DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK: MP3 Players & Accessories
and this cable: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters): Electronics

with those I get 0.04 amps to 0.07 amps

using the powergen with stock cable I stick at 0.06 amps

stock cord and charger get me 0.02 amp to 0.04 amps

stock charger with amazon cord I get 0.02 amps to 0.07 amps.

turning the phone off seems to make no difference what so ever. in fact sometimes worse, I tried flashing stock 4.1.2and it helped a little then it boot loops
I have no problems running cynogenmod and it never did this before on cynagenmod

whats going on? I tried 2 different OEM batteries
same amp rates nothing different

Are either or both the batteries bulged in the center?

rnhunsaker

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
A 2 amp charger solved my problem.

For my car or for my home, I only have success charging my S2 when I have a 2 amp charger.

The phone only sucks the power when it needs it, it charges reliably and it stops charging (or slows to a trickle) when it doesn't need the power.

A 2 amp charger will cost a bit more $$ but it solves a lot of grief.