Samsung Galaxy S2:SR with AT&T GoPhone SIM?

Ryan6700

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Basically I have the Galaxy S2:SR and I was wondering, if I got the Fusion 2 GoPhone with the $50 a month Unlimited Everything plan, would the SIM work in the Skyrocket?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
no

i have a skyrocket on gophone as of the first. you have to have a data package added and that only works with monthly plans.. the $50 plan is for feature phones only. i had to show them my phone they gave me a sim for free. i bought the 250 minute $25 a month plan and added a gig of data for 25. $50 total no fees just sales tax. your state could have a e911 charge. mine is .61 cents

Ryan6700

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. Ok. Well thanks for the reply, but what about Straight Talk? $45 a month for unlimited everything doesn't sound too bad, but I'm not completely sure about their coverage. I've seen elsewhere that others were able to use it on their Skyrockets and have had no problems since I just wish I could get a detailed coverage map but the one on their site is just a general area sort of thing.
EDIT: I see now that they use other carriers for their service, and I see that unfortunately they stopped selling AT&T compatible cards :( Could I purchase one off of Amazon and use it? Amazon.com: Straight Talk AT&T Compatible SIM Card: Cell Phones & Accessories I would just go with what Straight Talk has to offer now but all they have is T-Mobile compatibility, which only has 2G coverage in my area :/ *no thanks lol*

Last edited:

bouchardjm

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
i want to ask basically the same question about the galaxy s5, can i use an AT&T gophone chip in it? Or is there any other relaible and not-too-expensive way of getting wifi and phone service on demand with this kind of phone, in the U.S.? I am a missionary, and am in the U.S. only for a few weeks at a time a few times a year. I need a smartphone for GPS services and other telephone and wifeless needs while I am there. If these is,do I buy an UNLOCKED phone, or locked to Sprint, AT&T, or some other carrier? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me - I do not have time or money to make a mistake, need to do it right the first time around, and soon.

Wolffe69

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the straight talk. They DO sell an AT&T sim. (I had At&T, so) Seems to work just fine. Coverage isn't all that out in the sticks, but in the city you are fine.
I get 4g speeds on my phone when in the city areas, BUT it's nowhere near as fast a speed as with AT&T or T-Mobile. Just slower is all, but works just fine!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke