Recover Deleted Text Messages?

SpacemanSpiff92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

New here. Didn't find a thread like this for this phone unless I'm missing something, so figured I would post about this.

My text message settings had a cap on the number of texts per conversation, after which the oldest messages would be deleted. I want those messages back(I have since disabled the cap).

I've DLed a PC file recovery program(File Recovery 4), but can't find the folder where these text messages are when I scan my phone as a USB drive. Any ideas as to where I may be able to get them back from/how?

Also, my phone is not "rooted"; I haven't done the research so I don't know how to safely do it. If it is necessary, any help in that department will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can based on the info you provided. I will mention that the data is overwritten on the phone as it is used. Good luck

Kristian Thomas

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
theres a way 100%.... i deleted a lot of text messages recently due to them not being so plesant for my girlfriend to read. anyways i got a text from someone that there was no thread for and my girlfriend saw this and found all of my deleted messages. theyre nowhere for me to find yet she could quote the texts. mind you they werent plesant for her to read i wasnt cheating lol so we're still together now but she wont tell me how she did it. dont give up though theres a way

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
theres a way 100%.... i deleted a lot of text messages recently due to them not being so plesant for my girlfriend to read. anyways i got a text from someone that there was no thread for and my girlfriend saw this and found all of my deleted messages. theyre nowhere for me to find yet she could quote the texts. mind you they werent plesant for her to read i wasnt cheating lol so we're still together now but she wont tell me how she did it. dont give up though theres a way

She maybe found a way to get every message you get. I would not be surprised if my wife finds a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

codeword2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Go to the contact in your contact book press the menu button and then hit history and all your deleted messages and threads should be there..

shannonwiley70

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
There are SIM card readers you can buy online for around 150.00 so if she suspects you are cheating she could have taken your SIM card out of your phone while you were sleeping or away and inserted it into a the SIM card reader retrieved all info from the phone put your SIM card back into your phone then inserted her SIM card and retrieved everything. Mind you, just because you "deleted" your messages they don't just vanish into thin air they are stored in the phone. This is how police officials can read people's phone messages when they suspect there is important information that has been sent or received from your phone. We live in a very paranoid world today and so we create technology to help us confirm we are not crazy. LOL My advice is if you don't want to get caught flirting or cheating buy a go phone and keep that sucker hidden at all times, but in truth you probably should just break up with her she obviously doesn't trust you and without trust what do you really have. There ya go, technical info and relationship advice all in one paragraph!

Hargun Saran

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
As per I heard there is a software that you can instal it in the phone one wants to get everything from so when that person gets calls, messages or anything else they can be viewed by the person who installed the software and even that person can turn your phone into a mic like a receiver so if your with some one anywhere talking to them face the face he/she can hear your conversation

firesteed

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note phone and it worked as described. However, the mssages I need are on my other phone a Droid Razer. When I went to "people" which is what contacts are called on that phone. Clicked on the contact I wanted the messages from and then clicked on Settings, no History option appeared. Anyone know how to see the deleted messages on the Motorola Droid Razer? Or is there a way to view old text messages on line from a PC?

Joe Stang

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Codeword2 is correct. In contacts find the person and touch the text icon next to their name and the messages are there including pictures I wanted to recover thanks Codeword2.

Loulou1991

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have gone to the history to find the messages but can only see the first line- do you know how to view the message in full?

Last edited:

jillbo

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
What if the messages are in a thread that is just a phone number that hasn't been made into an official "Contact"? Can you still retrieve the message history?

jvigenski

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note phone and it worked as described. However, the mssages I need are on my other phone a Droid Razer. When I went to "people" which is what contacts are called on that phone. Clicked on the contact I wanted the messages from and then clicked on Settings, no History option appeared. Anyone know how to see the deleted messages on the Motorola Droid Razer? Or is there a way to view old text messages on line from a PC?

I was wondering which software you tried that on your galaxy note. I have the note2 and purchased cell-watch and been stuck for a month trying to figure out out to change tar file to apk. Im afraid it is going to mess up my phone also. Can u tell me which softwareor send me a link?

Last edited by a moderator:

emielou26

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
does that also work for the HTC One mini? deleted messages by mistake and i wont them back dont no how to do it only add my phone for 2 weeks