MMS Messages - APN Settings on Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on Straight Talk?

D4213

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I was recently given a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and have it activated and MOSTLY working on Straight talk. I can got on the internet, send/receive text messages, The 4G Symbol shows and my speeds indicate that it's working great. The only problem I'm having is that I can only send MMS messages, but I can't receive them. All I get is a message with a "Download" button. When I touch it, it tries to download, I can see the 4G icon indicating that it's trying to retrieve it, and then is always says that the download from whoever it is that sent it failed. I'm having difficulty finding a fix for this. Anything is appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

NCSunny

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the ATT sim or T-mobile?
I have an unlocked ATT S2 Skyrocket with a Straight talk T-mobile sim. When I looked for phone, the ATT sim was available, but when I got my skyrocket, Straight talk only offered the T-mobile sim.

Anyway, I had the same problem. After many hours reading and studying to no avail, I came across an app named Tweakker available in Google play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker

This worked for me and I now receive MMS messages with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issues. I tried the T weaker app but it didn't let me receive and took away my internet and 4g. I have searched for days and can't seem to get this to work.

D4213

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've found that when I put the APN to "att.mvno" I don't get 4g and my internet stops working. I can still send and receive text messages though.

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I finally got it to work.. I don't exactly know how... I used the apn settins they list on the website and I use Go SMS Pro for text and mms... in the settings for that it gives an option to manually list the apn for mms and I did that.. and it works.. oddly enough I used the same settings that straigh talk used... I don't know but I DON'T QUESTION THE CELL PHONE GODS

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Im also going through this nonsense. is there a cure?!

my comment above worked. with using the new straight talk settings (tfdata) and and the Go SMS pro app with the extra settings for mms.

However. My phone ket freezing so i ended up getting the Galaxy S3 and game my mom the S2. Her sim card is a bit older then mine (I ordered mine just days after they changed to the new settings) and those settings would not work with MY old phone (the S2) with HER older sim card. so I had to use the Mvno settins and she now has 4g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2